By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

Shadow1980 said:

I wonder how much that waffling on the permanence of the XBO's price cut hurt them. It if it did have an impact, it didn't matter much after tax season. Q1 was indeed down YoY, but by only a little under 7% YoY. Meanwhile, Q2 was up 60% and Q3 was up almost 17%. Overall, the XBO is up 17% YoY as of September. The price cut did help a little, which is in keeping with previous Xbox systems getting only modest boosts from their initial price cuts.

How did you come up with that 17% number? Is it just the US based on NPD??

Around the Network

What are your initial predictions for the sales for Xbox and PS4 in terms of sales for November?

BraLoD said:
3 hours after last update

#09 PS4 Black Ops (same)
#17 PS4 Nathan Drake (same)
#27 PS4 Star Wars LE (down 3)
#30 PS4 Star Wars (same)
#36 XBO Fallout (down 3)
#52 XBO Halo (up 11)
#84 XBO Kinect (up 5)
#93 XBO Gears (up 7)

Still a lot of that DLC blast to go away, still packing the lower positions and clouding the rankins.

Good to see halo still in the mid rankings.

it's me, or Ps4 is killing Xbox on Amazon? damn, whit these sales and october preorder the gap is getting huge! can X1 turn the table in black friday? well Microsoft will need some amazing deals to fight Ps4.

With two strong months of pre orders for cod and Star Wars, plus this months sales and Black Friday, Sony may set a sales record for November.

Around the Network

Yeah, it's a bit of a perfect storm with having a CoD special edition bundle and a Darth Vader themed PS4 both coming out in the same month and that month being BF month. I don't really credit the Battlefront game with driving much hardware, if I was a big Star Wars fan I'd get that bundle even if I hated shooters of all kinds.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

2 hours since the last update:

#09 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (same)
#19 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (down 2)
#25 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (up 1)
#34 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 1)
#36 XB1 Fallout Bundle (up 1)
#53 XB1 Halo Bundle (down 1)
#79 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 6)
#86 PS4 Fool's Edition (re-entry)
#93 XB1 Madden Bundle (re-entry)
#100 XB1 Kinect Bundle (down 12)

PS4 - 5 bundles, 4 in the top 100 (Plus Standalone)
XB1 - 15 bundles, 5 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

I wonder what Sony are preparing for BF. Microsoft is definitely going big and probably for the last time but Sony might choose to cut the costs since it really doesn't need to make a big effort to sell consoles.

fathinos said:
I wonder what Sony are preparing for BF. Microsoft is definitely going big and probably for the last time but Sony might choose to cut the costs since it really doesn't need to make a big effort to sell consoles.

I have seen that a few places will be going down to 300 dollars and were saying it will have a 50 dollar voucher aswell....

Sounds too good to be true but then again I live in a country where Gamestop has a monopoly. 75 euro here for a basic new game, that is approx. 82 Dollars.....

Price drop for PS4 here but they won't include a game and xbox one is still 400 euro.

fathinos said:

If last year is anything to go by, they will do something like $300 console with 2 games. Stock will be limited and probably sell out very quickly.