By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo made potato-chan a midget [Xenoblade X censorship]

They didn't change her size, that's just the perspective of the off-screen photo. Smeags linked pics.

Around the Network
Smeags said:

S'okay guys, she's actually a 10,000 year old dragon so it's totally fine!

? You know, with how Ninten is acting, I'm surprised this slipped through the cracks...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ka-pi96 said:
So it went from nice body/ugly face to ugly everything?

It is the same exact body.

Someone claims that shortness is just the case of an oddly angled photo.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183504851&postcount=166

Which makes sense because making her shorter would mean reworking cut-scenes and that just sounds like too much work.

Also the same source claims that this change only applies to Lin, so Elma still has such an outfit.

This type of change is fine. The game shouldn't be making these things for a teen rated game, in the first place. Which is the most likley culprit. But why wasn't this shown off at all official US displayed info from day 1.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

In the moment when to cover a little bit of a 13 year old girl body is called "censorship" and a reason for backlash, you know there is something really fucked up with gaming comunity.

THIS so much this. It feels like people have gotten so anti-censorship its going tooo far in the other direction.

Cloudman said:
Smeags said:

S'okay guys, she's actually a 10,000 year old dragon so it's totally fine!

? You know, with how Ninten is acting, I'm surprised this slipped through the cracks...

I mean, they messed around with other things in Fire Emblem, so I guess they were feeling nice? I mean, there's really not anything sexual in Fire Emblem. Just occasional fanservice. (which is all this is, regardless of whether you think the outfit is appropriate or not)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

97alexk said:
Goodnightmoon said:

In the moment when to cover a little bit of a 13 year old girl body is called "censorship" and a reason for backlash, you know there is something really fucked up with gaming comunity.

THIS so much this. It feels like people have gotten so anti-censorship its going tooo far in the other direction.

Well. You do dumb decisons in other areas. The dumbness starts to spread.

outlawauron said:
Cloudman said:

I mean, they messed around with other things in Fire Emblem, so I guess they were feeling nice? I mean, there's really not anything sexual in Fire Emblem. Just occasional fanservice. (which is all this is, regardless of whether you think the outfit is appropriate or not)

I dunno, this just comes off as really odd to me. They cencored the bikini shot of Tharja, which, okay I guess, but this has red flags all over it. 12 year old looking girl in what looks like a bikini/lingerie. I'm surprised Tharja was unchanged too. These recent changes is starting to concern me...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Oh, ok. I'm on a strict policy of not supporting any censored game, so I guess I'm not going to buy this one as well.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.