By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo made potato-chan a midget [Xenoblade X censorship]

I'm alright with the armor change but making her shorter just looks weird to me

Around the Network

She's 13, guys. Get over it.

I'd say it's better in every possible way.

And I agree that it would not exactly be appropriate to have an underage girl looking like this in a game in Western markets, so this time, a change like this makes sense.

In the moment when to cover a little bit of a 13 year old girl body is called "censorship" and a reason for backlash, you know there is something really fucked up with gaming comunity.

It's really too bad, as the horrible animu pandering is part of why I am NOT interested in this game, and dressing up down's chan is not going to change a thing.

Meanwhile, they're going to put off a lot of the avid fans of this kind if thing.

Around the Network

S'okay guys, she's actually a 10,000 year old dragon so it's totally fine!

Anywho, taking things situation by situation, and applying context to these situations, it was the correct move to make for a successful localization. Lin is a 13 (thirteen) year old girl (she is still 13 in the localization, there was a mix up by GameInformer). Making sure that she is less sexualized in countries with different (and IMO more approprite, but that's neither here nor there) sexual mores/laws is only a natural transition when a game is localized in order for the game to be as successful as possible.

And it's already shown that the team has this isn't a game wide change, and only affects Lin, who again is underage. The original outfit remains unchanged on a character such as Elma.

As for the proportion, methinks it's just a bad angle.

Here's the same (shortened) angle in the Japanese version:

Definitely looks more stumpy than the correct angle. :P

Well, yes, she's 15. The reasons speak from themselves.

Honestly, who in Nintendo is actually making all these decisions???

Why'd they make her super short..? Now she just looks weird... I get cutting out bikini stuff, but these changes are too much. Ninten's going too far this time.

I wonder if I can cut that shorty out of my party... : / Well, as long as they don't cut out the twin tail hair option.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I knew they were going to censor themselves (even after they said they wouldn't), but to make her more stumpy.

Sad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.