By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - splatoon or planys vs zombies ?

which one?

plants vs zombies garden warfare 62 19.56%

splatoon 225 70.98%

another game 5 1.58%

none of both 16 5.05%

both 9 2.84%

Total:317

Never played Splatoon but PvZ GW is an awesome and fun game.

Around the Network
ChrnoTodd said:

This video answers the question.

Squid Sisters are so cute.

Semmie said:

U sound like u feel offended. But what you forget is that i give splatoon 7.5. But pvz to me id better. Im well aware of the design. It is just that in late nineties during the unreal tournament hype there were sprees of online games that had similar game modes and i found out in early stage that they were good but not excelent. And sorry to rumble your feathers but splatoon is a game that looks like a ps2 dc game plus the shading and nice textures makes it lool slightly better. Ofcourse the same could be said for pvz but the distance rate is better. I do agree with u it is generic like all fps online since nineties. And then again i do like splatoon. But the fastness in the game isnt one of them. You said skype? Yeah i could use that as well. But psv was in the hood. 

Look man i dont want to offend you.  I have a wiiu like you. And i like starfox better then ratchet. Nintendo has master games. But splatoon to me is average. And average is good. Enjoy life and dont get mad for silly reasons. I used to fight weekly and then i realised i was the mistake. Live and let live bro. Hope we can get along

Thats just personal taste and its okay.

If we check metacritic we get these results:

- Splatoon (82) User 8.4

- Plants vs Zombies GW (75) User 7.6

Keep in mind splatoon was released with just 5 maps and some weapons. Alot more were made available after release (most of the content was even on disc). Thats was also the only criticism about the game. If Nintendo would had released it with 15+ Maps (like now), the game would easily be in the 90´s (most reviews subtracted 1 point (usual voting system 1-10) because of limited launch content). Adding these "1 point" would give a score of 91.

So we are talking here about a 90´s game on metacritic vs an 75 game. The poll on this thread also just reflect the obvious.

You dont have to like splatoon or enjoy it, but objectivly its just the way better game. If you enjoy PvZ more, just play it. No problem.

Amazon ratings:

Splatoon 4,5/5

PvZ:GW 3,6/5

Splatoon is one of the best games this gen so far.

i have both but id have to go with splatoon

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Splatoon is one of the best games this gen so far.

Agreed

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

I don't really like either, yet my kids have played both tons.

First they were addicted to PvZ GW then all over Splatoon for about a month. But now they're not interested in Splatoon anymore and PvZ is firmly back.

Both suck for local multiplayer. You can only do 2 player co-op endless defend mode in PvZ, and Splatoon only has one 2 player mode where you pop balloons, boring.

twintail said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yes, the generic shooter with lovely skins over one of the most fresh and addictive games in years. Very easy.

Alkibiádēs said:

Well, if we're going to use that argument: Splatoon outsold PvZ: GW despite the latter game being on 5 different platforms and Splatoon being on the Wii U (which only 10 million people bought). The majority has spoken.

It is nice to see fans defend their game with words like 'fresh' and how well it sold instead of actual quality. It's cute. 

If you like Splatoon that is great. I think it is a good game for Nintendo to have in their lineup, and something they need for NX launch (which I say all the time.

But no matter how you try to fashion the game, my opinion is pretty much that in my time with Splatoon I found it to be a lesser experience than PvZ. 

I enjoy the controls more, the minute-to-minute action is more engaging. There is more vairety on offer on how ou can play, more modes. 

I do not know your age. But in the late nineties there were many capture the flag free to play games(no dlc micro what so ever) there were variatys of paint modes or deathmatches and sniper only levels or assault only. Melee only levels. Many many games. There was even one based on unreal or open arena in third person or first. There were loads of anime based mods with nice graphics. Not like splatoon. There were no high advanced shaders. But the gameplay had the splatoon feeling. Dont know the name anymore if anyone remembers pls name it. Im sure many who were gamong during that time would either play splatoon out of nostalgia. Or some would dislike splatoon because they playefd it way to much. Or didnt like it to begin with. The other crowd is the fanboys who will like it just because its nintendo's. Which im fine with. If u like something u like it period. Regardless why. But to me personally splatoon is a very good game. But also a cheap one. Small maps small templates. And fast paced. I really like how i play splatoon before eating. Cause it doesnt consume time yet its highly addictive and enjoyable. But pvz is clearly better. And the same could be said of pvz it is generic like splatoon. But the maps and high distance and special skills the humor the soundtrack and skill tree that even will be used for garden warfare 2. It has a really good vibe. U know my wife played splatoon and got crazy with the colors and analog is pretty fast when u press on it. But pvz felt similar in touch as minecraft to her. It was warm and familiar in her hands. Splatoon could be stressfull to casuals and hardcore gamers in terms of getting used to a game. While pvz gives u the chance to get into the game. But but but. Splatoon outshines pvz because of the lobby and festivals. But pvz there is communication. And splatoon doesnt. My personal opinion stands that pvz is better. And splatoon is average and really enjoyable. Again i do not diss the game and i dont understand why some hate me for that and pm me hatemails. Crazy shit. I love the game. But pvz is better. (To me) splatoon takes every aspect from the old school modders. Call it a rip off call it an innovation evolved out of older games. Color it the way u wanna

twintail said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yes, the generic shooter with lovely skins over one of the most fresh and addictive games in years. Very easy.

Alkibiádēs said:

Well, if we're going to use that argument: Splatoon outsold PvZ: GW despite the latter game being on 5 different platforms and Splatoon being on the Wii U (which only 10 million people bought). The majority has spoken.

It is nice to see fans defend their game with words like 'fresh' and how well it sold instead of actual quality. It's cute. 

If you like Splatoon that is great. I think it is a good game for Nintendo to have in their lineup, and something they need for NX launch (which I say all the time.

But no matter how you try to fashion the game, my opinion is pretty much that in my time with Splatoon I found it to be a lesser experience than PvZ. 

I enjoy the controls more, the minute-to-minute action is more engaging. There is more vairety on offer on how ou can play, more modes. 

Good for you, you're very much in the minority though. ;) And since you only played the game for an hour you can't have played more than one mode. So you're opinion is really worthless as I at least have invested many hours in both games. The online is pretty much dead in PvZ: GW. Will only get worse once the sequel comes out.

And Nintendo doesn't need Splatoon for launch, it just came out for crying out loud.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
twintail said:

And it didnt hook me as instantly as PvZ did in the same amount of time. PvZ was excellent the moment I began playing.

A couple of hours in MP is a good enough time to ascertain whether the concept and gameplay is to my liking or not. In this case, choice was rather easy.

Are we really using the sales argument here? If so, would you agree that COD and battlefield are the best games of the generation? Would you say that the wii u is an utter piece of trash due to sales?

Sales are not indicative of quality at all, and even if they were, note that Nintendo literally spent tons of money marketing Splatoon whereas EA did not need to do that for pvz. Es has bigger games to push out and market