By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - splatoon or planys vs zombies ?

which one?

plants vs zombies garden warfare 62 19.56%

splatoon 225 70.98%

another game 5 1.58%

none of both 16 5.05%

both 9 2.84%

Total:317
Semmie said:
Alkibiádēs said:
daredevil.shark said:
Semmie said:
I have both now and honestly plants vs zombies to me is the better one. Splatoon is to short and to small maps plus no voice chat. Im sure many here who played online games know that after phantasy star online there was a spree of online games that were free to play made by mods at the time with the same size maps. Splatoon is really fun dont get me wrong but plants vs zombies has what splatoon doesnt. Bigger map vpice chat couch coop. Splatoon has loads of dlc. But pvz has also free dlc. I would rate both games to be like. Splatoon 7.5 and pvz slightly better 8. The turn of of splatoon is its an adhd type of gamz with no actual communocation in a strategic environment. I had to actually put my psvita voice chat on to play with friends. Thats really sad

Good that you are posting your opinion after playing both. The most hilarious thing is that Splatoon is a new IP from Nintendo (in gaming serious drought). So nintendo enthusiasts get overboard about it. As for games enjoy both. Have fun.

I've played both as well, but apparently my opinion didn't count. The reason why Splatoon's maps are small is because you have to paint the territory and it's only 4 vs. 4. Any bigger and the game would get boring without action. I'm not surprised most people are ignorant about game design though. Bigger doesn't always mean better. Nintendo enthusiasts don't go overboard on it. Your hindsight is amusing as most non-Nintendo fans predicted this game would bomb, but apparently now it was soooo obvious it was going to sell 3 million+ because of "droughts". Strange how not every Nintendo game succeeds like that then... The thing is, Splatoon is original and creative. PvZ: GW is a generic third person shooter without a campaign. The game's online will be a desert once the sequel comes out. Which already looks more promising than the first game to begin with.

You had to turn psvita voice chat on? Ever heard of Skype?

U sound like u feel offended. But what you forget is that i give splatoon 7.5. But pvz to me id better. Im well aware of the design. It is just that in late nineties during the unreal tournament hype there were sprees of online games that had similar game modes and i found out in early stage that they were good but not excelent. And sorry to rumble your feathers but splatoon is a game that looks like a ps2 dc game plus the shading and nice textures makes it lool slightly better. Ofcourse the same could be said for pvz but the distance rate is better. I do agree with u it is generic like all fps online since nineties. And then again i do like splatoon. But the fastness in the game isnt one of them. You said skype? Yeah i could use that as well. But psv was in the hood. 

Look man i dont want to offend you.  I have a wiiu like you. And i like starfox better then ratchet. Nintendo has master games. But splatoon to me is average. And average is good. Enjoy life and dont get mad for silly reasons. I used to fight weekly and then i realised i was the mistake. Live and let live bro. Hope we can get along

Not by you, but the person I quoted. ;) He even said he hates Nintendo, so I doubt he has played the game.

I'm just saying that "the maps are bigger" is a terrible argument as Splatoon is different from PvZ: GW.

And saying Splatoon looks like a PS2/DC game is just straight up *insert forbidden word*. I'm done with this discussion, I doubt this thread had genuine intentions in the first place after reading that.

Here's a DC game:

Here's Splatoon:

Here's Battlefront 2:

Oh and I think Ratchet & Clank is better than Star Fox, but not sure what that has to do with this thread? :)

Just like any video game company, Nintendo makes good, mediocre and bad games. Splatoon belongs in the "good" category in my opinion.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

I think star fox is better. Sonic adventure isnt the comparison. More in the direction of jsf and pen pen tricelon style. Surely dc and ps2 are outdated but there are many games on the systems that only need shader improvement. Splatoon borrows a lot of the vibe from jet set radio. Which is perfectly fine. And so does sunset overdrive in terms of gameplay. But at least sunset overdrive is better with graphics. Splatoon however and again its a very good game. But its an opinion thats all man. I like pvz more. Dont kill yourself over it pls.
Also i dont diss wiiu. Bayonetta is so good looking and there is also mass effect 3 on it. Gotta love wiiu. But splatoon is a hype perhaps at best. Mario kart imo should v got more recognition then splatoon. Splatoon is cool. Buy playing 3 matches is more then enough. But mk8 keeps u going. Then again its just an opinion man. And be honest to yourself. Dont be selective by choosing sonic adventure(a launch game) imo elders zone ps2 got a hd on ps3. And it looked good and it wasnt even upgraded. The wiiu's appeal in combination with splatoon gives the impression that it is a ps 2.5. We could go on and on. But pvz clearly looks better

twintail said:
Alkibiádēs said:
twintail said:
spemanig said:
PVZ by a mile. More complete game, even now.

Totally agreed. Better game overall.

The person has said he never played Splatoon...

well if he hasnt i still agree with the sentiment. 

if you are talking about me, i have played splatoon.

Yes, for about 1 or 2 hours as you said in other thread.

One will be forgotten, the other not. And for good reasons.

twintail said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And it didnt hook me as instantly as PvZ did in the same amount of time. PvZ was excellent the moment I began playing.

A couple of hours in MP is a good enough time to ascertain whether the concept and gameplay is to my liking or not. In this case, choice was rather easy.

Yes, the generic shooter with lovely skins over one of the most fresh and addictive games in years. Very easy.

twintail said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And it didnt hook me as instantly as PvZ did in the same amount of time. PvZ was excellent the moment I began playing.

A couple of hours in MP is a good enough time to ascertain whether the concept and gameplay is to my liking or not. In this case, choice was rather easy.

Well, if we're going to use that argument: Splatoon outsold PvZ: GW despite the latter game being on 5 different platforms and Splatoon being on the Wii U (which only 10 million people bought). The majority has spoken.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
twintail said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Well, if we're going to use that argument: Splatoon outsold PvZ: GW despite the latter game being on 5 different platforms and Splatoon being on the Wii U (which only 10 million people bought). The majority has spoken.

I do not agree with this sentiment. There are a lot of influences. Pvz isnt really a known game i' console world. It was known as a mobile game. Also splatoon has been overly shilled by nintendo fans. (Which im ok with) i shilled shenmue 3 so i have no problems with confident fans. Pvz has no brand other then EA   and EA is know for louche bussiness practices such as dlc and micro cash cows. So this game pvz allready had a lot of prejudice. Yet still its the better game. The preperation shilling and marketing and bra'd background was different therefor pvz had to prove itself on its own and only time made it out to be a good game. As a result it has become a knpwn game and its succes led to garden warfare part 2. Splatoon was easy. Nintendo is a loyal brand with no empty promises. With full support regardless sales.

But all that does not mean its the better game. 

There are so many chaste and polite beautiful women for marriage material but they get neglected by majority of man because their parents are addicts or killers. This is the case of pvz. Good popcap game. But no major console marketing plus EA as a parent. 

Its hard ro remain neutral by al majority and cow hordes. But if you play both games with an open heart you will like both pvz and splatoon. And in my case pvz is the better deal. 

Semmie said:
Alkibiádēs said:
twintail said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I do not agree with this sentiment. There are a lot of influences. Pvz isnt really a known game i' console world. It was known as a mobile game. Also splatoon has been overly shilled by nintendo fans. (Which im ok with) i shilled shenmue 3 so i have no problems with confident fans. Pvz has no brand other then EA   and EA is know for louche bussiness practices such as dlc and micro cash cows. So this game pvz allready had a lot of prejudice. Yet still its the better game. The preperation shilling and marketing and bra'd background was different therefor pvz had to prove itself on its own and only time made it out to be a good game. As a result it has become a knpwn game and its succes led to garden warfare part 2. Splatoon was easy. Nintendo is a loyal brand with no empty promises. With full support regardless sales.

But all that does not mean its the better game. 

There are so many chaste and polite beautiful women for marriage material but they get neglected by majority of man because their parents are addicts or killers. This is the case of pvz. Good popcap game. But no major console marketing plus EA as a parent. 

Its hard ro remain neutral by al majority and cow hordes. But if you play both games with an open heart you will like both pvz and splatoon. And in my case pvz is the better deal. 

PvZ was a well known franchise before GW while Splatoon was an unknown IP from a company that rarely makes new IPs. So I respectfully disagree here. EA's bad reputation hasn't stopped millions of people buying CoD and Fifa yearly... If I were you I'd have waited for the sequel of PvZ: GW as it does look a lot better imo. I'll be getting it at least.

I'd say both but I more or less see Splatoon.

It has it's lasting impact, it's fanbase and internet media keeping it alive and more popular as time goes on.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Alkibiádēs said:
twintail said:
spemanig said:
PVZ by a mile. More complete game, even now.

Totally agreed. Better game overall.

The person has said he never played Splatoon...

No, I didn't. Stop lying.

Does PvZ have gyro aiming? This is important.