By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - splatoon or planys vs zombies ?

which one?

plants vs zombies garden warfare 62 19.56%

splatoon 225 70.98%

another game 5 1.58%

none of both 16 5.05%

both 9 2.84%

Total:317

This video answers the question.

Around the Network

I have both now and honestly plants vs zombies to me is the better one. Splatoon is to short and to small maps plus no voice chat. Im sure many here who played online games know that after phantasy star online there was a spree of online games that were free to play made by mods at the time with the same size maps. Splatoon is really fun dont get me wrong but plants vs zombies has what splatoon doesnt. Bigger map vpice chat couch coop. Splatoon has loads of dlc. But pvz has also free dlc. I would rate both games to be like. Splatoon 7.5 and pvz slightly better 8. The turn of of splatoon is its an adhd type of gamz with no actual communocation in a strategic environment. I had to actually put my psvita voice chat on to play with friends. Thats really sad

Semmie said:
I have both now and honestly plants vs zombies to me is the better one. Splatoon is to short and to small maps plus no voice chat. Im sure many here who played online games know that after phantasy star online there was a spree of online games that were free to play made by mods at the time with the same size maps. Splatoon is really fun dont get me wrong but plants vs zombies has what splatoon doesnt. Bigger map vpice chat couch coop. Splatoon has loads of dlc. But pvz has also free dlc. I would rate both games to be like. Splatoon 7.5 and pvz slightly better 8. The turn of of splatoon is its an adhd type of gamz with no actual communocation in a strategic environment. I had to actually put my psvita voice chat on to play with friends. Thats really sad

Good that you are posting your opinion after playing both. The most hilarious thing is that Splatoon is a new IP from Nintendo (in gaming serious drought). So nintendo enthusiasts get overboard about it. As for games enjoy both. Have fun.

daredevil.shark said:
Semmie said:

Good that you are posting your opinion after playing both. The most hilarious thing is that Splatoon is a new IP from Nintendo (in gaming serious drought). So nintendo enthusiasts get overboard about it. As for games enjoy both. Have fun.

I've played both as well, but apparently my opinion didn't count. The reason why Splatoon's maps are small is because you have to paint the territory and it's only 4 vs. 4. Any bigger and the game would get boring without action. I'm not surprised most people are ignorant about game design though. Bigger doesn't always mean better. Nintendo enthusiasts don't go overboard on it. Your hindsight is amusing as most non-Nintendo fans predicted this game would bomb, but apparently now it was soooo obvious it was going to sell 3 million+ because of "droughts". Strange how not every Nintendo game succeeds like that then... The thing is, Splatoon is original and creative. PvZ: GW is a generic third person shooter without a campaign. The game's online will be a desert once the sequel comes out. Which already looks more promising than the first game to begin with.

You had to turn psvita voice chat on? Ever heard of Skype?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Honestly, PVZ-2 looks like it's going to be better than both. I love the charm and humor of the PVZ universe, personally. Man, those dolphin riding zombies ...

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Honestly, PVZ-2 looks like it's going to be better than both. I love the charm and humor of the PVZ universe, personally. Man, those dolphin riding zombies ...

I liked what I saw so far, but does it have a campaign? I'm sure a Splatoon sequel will also raise the bar again!

I played a little of Plants vs Zombies. It was alright. Felt kinda standard.

Splatoon though is interesting and a lot of fun. So I would say Splatoon x )

Though I guess you can't go wrong with either one.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

twintail said:
spemanig said:
PVZ by a mile. More complete game, even now.

Totally agreed. Better game overall.

The person has said he never played Splatoon...

daredevil.shark said:

yeah thats why on another thread here on forums (star fox zero vs ratchet and clank) the nintendo game got way inferior votes. All just because of nintendo fanboys, not because splatoon is one of the best shooters released past 10 years and PvZ is a mediocore standard shooter.

Alkibiádēs said:
daredevil.shark said:
Semmie said:

I've played both as well, but apparently my opinion didn't count. The reason why Splatoon's maps are small is because you have to paint the territory and it's only 4 vs. 4. Any bigger and the game would get boring without action. I'm not surprised most people are ignorant about game design though. Bigger doesn't always mean better. Nintendo enthusiasts don't go overboard on it. Your hindsight is amusing as most non-Nintendo fans predicted this game would bomb, but apparently now it was soooo obvious it was going to sell 3 million+ because of "droughts". Strange how not every Nintendo game succeeds like that then... The thing is, Splatoon is original and creative. PvZ: GW is a generic third person shooter without a campaign. The game's online will be a desert once the sequel comes out. Which already looks more promising than the first game to begin with.

You had to turn psvita voice chat on? Ever heard of Skype?

U sound like u feel offended. But what you forget is that i give splatoon 7.5. But pvz to me id better. Im well aware of the design. It is just that in late nineties during the unreal tournament hype there were sprees of online games that had similar game modes and i found out in early stage that they were good but not excelent. And sorry to rumble your feathers but splatoon is a game that looks like a ps2 dc game plus the shading and nice textures makes it lool slightly better. Ofcourse the same could be said for pvz but the distance rate is better. I do agree with u it is generic like all fps online since nineties. And then again i do like splatoon. But the fastness in the game isnt one of them. You said skype? Yeah i could use that as well. But psv was in the hood. 

Look man i dont want to offend you.  I have a wiiu like you. And i like starfox better then ratchet. Nintendo has master games. But splatoon to me is average. And average is good. Enjoy life and dont get mad for silly reasons. I used to fight weekly and then i realised i was the mistake. Live and let live bro. Hope we can get along