By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - splatoon or planys vs zombies ?

which one?

plants vs zombies garden warfare 62 19.56%

splatoon 225 70.98%

another game 5 1.58%

none of both 16 5.05%

both 9 2.84%

Total:317
Alkibiádēs said:
Splatoon is better, PvZ: GW is quite shallow tbh. The upcoming sequel looks like a big improvement already.

Why do you think PvZ is shallow?  Seemed to have a ton of content, modes, unloockables, characters, and skills to learn. Can you elaborate?

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Angelv577 said:
d21lewis said:
Playing PvZ, now. Played Splatoon since day one.

Both are fun and both have depth. People have already sang the praises of Splatoon so I'll just name some features of PvZ (on XB1)

-24 player battles
-split screen
-unique take on horde mode
-upgradeable skills
-voice chat
-$6.50 asking price

I already got my money's worth. Splatoon is faster and more chaotic. PvZ is funnier and deeper. Both are great. Flip a coin and have a blast.

Exactly this.  Splatoon is simply getting more praise because it is exclusive but the reality is that they both provide similar fun factor and you can't go wrong with any of them.  The only thing that makes splatoon have the edge is because it has a singleplayer mode.  

Did you pay 6.50 for the game? too bad that you miss when EA were giving it for free on ps4.

Then why aren't Mario Party 10, Codename Steam or soon Mario Tennis and Star Fox: Zero getting any praise? The reality is that they're both pretty different and that Splatoon is more unique and innovative. EA must be kicking themselves in the head, they should have signed an exclusive contract with Nintendo for this game! /s

Usually when there is a comparison between an exclusive and a multiplatform, the exclusive one get more praise due to their fans defending it.  Just make a comparison threads like halo vs Call of duty or uncharted vs tomb raider and you will know what I mean.  If one is more unique or innovative, that doesnt automatically make it a better game and sorry but that isnt on you to decide because your taste isnt universal and please dont bring up the sales of them because there are a lot of factors to consider as to why one game sold better than the other than just simply saying one is better than the other.

Alkibiádēs said:
Angelv577 said:
d21lewis said:
Playing PvZ, now. Played Splatoon since day one.

Both are fun and both have depth. People have already sang the praises of Splatoon so I'll just name some features of PvZ (on XB1)

-24 player battles
-split screen
-unique take on horde mode
-upgradeable skills
-voice chat
-$6.50 asking price

I already got my money's worth. Splatoon is faster and more chaotic. PvZ is funnier and deeper. Both are great. Flip a coin and have a blast.

Exactly this.  Splatoon is simply getting more praise because it is exclusive but the reality is that they both provide similar fun factor and you can't go wrong with any of them.  The only thing that makes splatoon have the edge is because it has a singleplayer mode.  

Did you pay 6.50 for the game? too bad that you miss when EA were giving it for free on ps4.

Then why aren't Mario Party 10, Codename Steam or soon Mario Tennis and Star Fox: Zero getting any praise? The reality is that they're both pretty different and that Splatoon is more unique and innovative. EA must be kicking themselves in the head, they should have signed an exclusive contract with Nintendo for this game! /s

Usually when there is a comparison between an exclusive and a multiplatform, the exclusive one get more praise due to their fans defending it.  Just make a comparison threads like halo vs Call of duty or uncharted vs tomb raider and you will know what I mean.  If one is more unique or innovative, that doesnt automatically make it a better game and sorry but that isnt on you to decide because your taste isnt universal and please dont bring up the sales of them because there are a lot of factors to consider as to why one game sold better than the other than just simply saying one is better than the other.

d21lewis said:
Alkibiádēs said:
Splatoon is better, PvZ: GW is quite shallow tbh. The upcoming sequel looks like a big improvement already.

Why do you think PvZ is shallow?  Seemed to have a ton of content, modes, unloockables, characters, and skills to learn. Can you elaborate?

Not shallow in quantity of content (although the lack of single-player is inexcusable to me), but shallow in creativity. Like I said, all the modes are taken from popular shooters. It doesn't do anything new. It has no single-player either.

This is why I'm looking forward to the sequel a lot more as it's doing new things. The quests seem like a neat addition to the gameplay. I love the moon scenario a lot. I adds story elements to a multiplayer game.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

U forget to add that splatoon has no voice chat. Has smaller maps. Crunchy textures. Annoying kiddyrock music. If you are going to compare the 2 games then u should look for both games their pro's and cons. Looking at the pro only for splatoon and only cons for pvz is not righteouss. Im sorry

Around the Network
Semmie said:
U forget to add that splatoon has no voice chat. Has smaller maps. Crunchy textures. Annoying kiddyrock music. If you are going to compare the 2 games then u should look for both games their pro's and cons. Looking at the pro only for splatoon and only cons for pvz is not righteouss. Im sorry

Smaller maps are not a defect, are a requirement for the game design in order to be as fast and fun as it is, bigger is not better. And the music on Splatoon is pure personality, it fits the game perfectly and much better than with a generic soundtrack. The crunchy textures must be the dumbest reason in this whole thread, specially when the kind of textures that Splatoon uses to fit the artstyle are so plain they can hardly be very crunchy.

Semmie said:

The map sizes in Splatoon are  perfect for the game. Too big and the action would be less. Too small and everyone would be on top of each other.

Semmie said:

Like already has said, smaller maps perfect fits for Splatoon, I didn't notice any problem with textures, music is great and perfectly fits with game.