By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - splatoon or planys vs zombies ?

which one?

plants vs zombies garden warfare 62 19.56%

splatoon 225 70.98%

another game 5 1.58%

none of both 16 5.05%

both 9 2.84%

Total:317
Alkibiádēs said:

I see you didn't read my post as the description of the game sounds nothing like Splatoon (even the developer of the game you mentioned said he doesn't think Nintendo copied the game and that it's more like a mode in Half Life 2). You've also never played Splatoon as you seem to think the ability to hide and move faster in your own ink is just a detail. Without that ability Splatoon wouldn't be half as great. PvZ: GW's online modes are taken straight out from other popular online shooters. It has no originality.

Your argument rests on an UNRELEASED indie game that we only know of from one short trailer on youtube (that had less than 50 views before Splatoon got announced). To suggest Nintendo copied this game is ludicrous.

But hey, keep pretending Splatoon did nothing new for the shooter genre or that it's only succesful because Wii U "has no gamez". Splatoon will be yet another great Nintendo franchise. The sequel should aim for 10 million sales.

To be honest i think he dont own a wii u nor own splatoon but wants to feel good by thinking he can replace Splatoon by plants vs zombies and dont miss out anything.

Sorry bro, you cant. You cant replace smash, zelda, mario kart and co either.

Around the Network

I have to say i find splatoon an easy to learn game. And i can even play it before going to eat. I really appreciate it. But this topic smells blind fanboyism. I mean im not pointing fingers. Im a sega fanboy myself. But i do not go blind on it like it is a crusade. It is not blasphemy to dislike pr to have a certain impressio'n towards a game. The way ypu guys describe splatoon like its some holy grail or shrine is jist ridiculous. Its a good game dont get me wrong. But the exageration of u nin boys is strong in this one. I find bayonetta and zelda windwaker the better games. Splatoon is an average enjoyable that deserves to be sold good. But to go die to defend it is laughable.

Thats your opinion, nothing more.

I do own ps4, pc and wii u. Fanboy? dont think so.

Suspicious tho

I won't vote since I haven't played PvZ but if half as good a game as Splatoon I have to check it out.

Around the Network
Aquietguy said:
I won't vote since I haven't played PvZ but if half as good a game as Splatoon I have to check it out.

its not^^

Semmie said:
I have to say i find splatoon an easy to learn game. And i can even play it before going to eat. I really appreciate it. But this topic smells blind fanboyism. I mean im not pointing fingers. Im a sega fanboy myself. But i do not go blind on it like it is a crusade. It is not blasphemy to dislike pr to have a certain impressio'n towards a game. The way ypu guys describe splatoon like its some holy grail or shrine is jist ridiculous. Its a good game dont get me wrong. But the exageration of u nin boys is strong in this one. I find bayonetta and zelda windwaker the better games. Splatoon is an average enjoyable that deserves to be sold good. But to go die to defend it is laughable.

There is reason why Splatoon is selling so well and why is playing so long (after only few months my most played Wii U game).

Its more fun and enjoyable than Mario Kart 8, and there is nothing with fanboys there. Like I already wrote, for me Splatoon is one of the best games this gen so far.

Alkibiádēs said:
Semmie said:
Dude there were a shitload of games even in the late nineties. Golden yearsof online gaming) paint modes sniper modes cs mods open arena and unreal based. In both fps or tps. And i can asure u that splatoon is a respective game. But in no way did it evolve out of nothing. Revolutionair? Phantasy star online. Ragnarok. Unreal tournament. Splatoon? Or even pvz. Both good games. Not evolved out of nothing.

It's impossible to evolve out of nothing. And no, the nineties weren't the golden years of online gaming. Online gaming is much bigger now than then. I grew up with games like Unreal Tournament, Quake, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Doom and Duke Nukem. None of them played like Splatoon. Also no one said Splatoon didn't build on other games. You can still innovate while taking inspiration from older games. In fact that's how pretty much all innovation works: building on older ideas. Cumulation of knowledge is very important as we don't have to start from scratch every single time. Why is this so hard to understand for some people?

It was all free back then no dlc no micro. And modding was the normal way of life and every server on every game was full. Now there is dlcc maps and micro payments plus paying to actually be a part of psn and xbox live plus no modding unless illegally private server. Plus depending on steam. In some cases only digital and an online drm. Plus there are so many online games that many are empty even if u go online in some pethatic cases yoir thz only one online. (Ragnarok oddysey ace) just to name one. 

I stand by my claim that it was the best time. 

Aquietguy said:

It is.

Miyamotoo said:
Semmie said:

There is reason why Splatoon is selling so well and why is playing so long (after only few months my most played Wii U game).

Its more fun and enjoyable than Mario Kart 8, and there is nothing with fanboys there. Like I already wrote, for me Splatoon is one of the best games this gen so far.

I kindly friendly disagree. Mario kart is the better game. I love how mario kart is. I hated it on snes. Loved it on n64 and kept loving it. It doesnt need much change. 

Splatoon is not unique like mk. There are tons of tps. But mk8 has only sega all star racing as a concurence. And even tho they are both good games. And this is from a sega fan sayin it. Mario kart rules