By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Retro Studios’ Next Game is Something they Proposed to Nintendo, maybe New IP

SJReiter said:
JEMC said:

There isn't much to get from that interview. But this one part made me raise an eyebrow:

"I think they have the potential to work on multiple projects, but I feel like the money isn't there. People don't realize it, but Retro is one of the priciest studios for [Nintendo] to maintain, and I can't see them letting them do two projects at once. As far as I know, they have one NCL producer with them right now, and I couldn't see this person overseeing both of them; I think this person would be doing one."

That doesn't make sense. If Retro is that expensive for Nintendo, then they should be doing more games to make their cost worth it.

I agree. The only game they've done this gen is Tropical Freeze. If Retro is so pricey, I would think Nintendo would want them to work on something more significant than that. Or maybe they just really overestimated how much people care about DK games...

Before Tropical Freeze they launched Donkey Kong Country Returns, so they should have known how many people wanted another Donkey Kong game.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Raven Blade, finally?

Edit - beaten haha.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Metroid Prime 4 or GTFO. lol

This or a 2D to 3D metroid game.  It's the only reason I care about Retro.  Don't even care how amazing a new IP from them might be.  No Metroid, no poon tang.

Lube Me Up

I know nintendo feels the safe money is in their established franchises, but I feel they really ought to try new IP's more often.

Splatoon was a lot of fun and Pikmin is one of my favorites (yes, that's how far back I had to jump heh)... Heck, even other games that incorporated old characters have been a lot of fun (Luigi's Mansion, Captain Toad, even the Hyrule Warriors collaboration). They have the talent to make new IP's, so try it out more often!

After all, everyone knows Nintendo's franchises by now; you might interest more people by having something new to show them.

I want something big and bold! But yeah, I do hope some news of this will come from that Direct sometime this year.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Metroid Prime 4 or GTFO. lol

Uncharted 4 or gtfo.....  And instead gamers got TLoU. 

I trust retro so whatever they are working on is going to be good

*Please be a mature, Western, mainstream IP*

b00moscone said:

I want something big and bold! But yeah, I do hope some news of this will come from that Direct sometime this year.

Hardly, new Retro game is very likely E3 announcement.

If Liam's speculation is correct, this could be insanely important for nintendo in the west.