By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Police officer assaults school girl for in-school arrest

Ali_16x said:
Just wondering for everyone that is saying he went overboard, how would you have dealt with the situation if the girl did not get out of the room?

From behind, grab her by both arms and force them behind her back (arrest position). I'm sure he could of managed that with tossing her halfway across the classroom.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
LOL

I read the comment son the story

it goes like this

1. Teacher asked to to shut the fuck up or get the fuck out.
2. Other teachers come in to convince her to get out
3. Eventually cop come in to do it.

How about at step two all the teacher just pick up the desk with her in it and carry here out of the classroom?

She looks like a 40kg max feather weight.

This escalation doesn't even make sense.

1.This teacher has 0 autorithy it seems.

2.Apparently other teachers don't either.

3.WTF you call a cop for a teacher-student dispute in class WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ?!

Ex cop Lewis weighing in, again.

He went too far and clearly should not be used as a school resource officer. That's not even that far from where I live.

I can relate. Sometimes, you're mad. Sometimes, you walk into a situation thinking "I'm going to have to show these people that I mean business. I'm the authority.". This wasn't that time. A little tact would have gone a long way.  You need cops like that (trust me on this) but you don't need them in a classroom.

Lawlight said:

I wasn't perfect but I certainly wasn't putting myself in situations where I would then refuse to comply with the orders of policeman.

Refusing to comply with a policeman does give them the right to use appropriate force.

If I was arrested, I would be treated with respect because I wouldn't act like a dumbass.

You seem to imply that the student was complying and thus a simple arrest would have occurred. How much force should he have used? What is defined as excessive? 

oh look at the clock, it's sucking up to authority time

LudicrousSpeed said:
To call that a brutal assault is a big stretch. I'd have to know what the kid did before I pass judgement. If my kid were being a piece of shit in school, I saw nothing in the video that would anger me. I would tell my kid to stop being a dumb ass and get out of the chair.

that body slam to the floor could have broken her skull, causes damage to her neck and/or concussion. this is a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT. this girl is a fucking minor. how is this acceptable? 

if you would be okay with somebody doing this to your kid then you are a shit of a father. 

Around the Network

Well...She should have listened in class i guess

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

MDMAlliance said:
That's a school not far from where I am. (Don't stalk/kill me)

Too late.

damn, those pants look good on you. though, you should decorate your bedroom. 

He forced her to the ground so he could cuff her, that is not assault that is good policing. I did not see any punching or kicking. People are only "offended" because it was a black girl, if it was a white male then this would not be a story.

Lawlight said:

If at the age of 15-16 you haven't learnt proper manners and respect for authority or others, odds are that regular teachings won't work. As someone who lives in Australia, let me tell you that an overly tolerant police or judiciary system fails. 

But Australia is significantly safer and crime free then the US?

US violent Crime rate is 57 times more than Australia

Source:
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Australia/United-States/Crime

the strange thing is.. a part of me is saying; "its ok..at least he didn't shoot her"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)