By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Police officer assaults school girl for in-school arrest

Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:

And yes, I wish I lived in a society where the next generation only listens to authority out of fear as oppose to not listening to authority.

All you have to do is book a one way flight to North Korea then

Except North Korea is a facist country. A better example is Singapore. The laws are very strict but it feels so good to know that you can walk around while being safe at all times and that people or kids won't mess with you.

Pretty sure that's what you were asking for. A country that oppresses people by force...

Uh, no. A country that's harsh but fair towards deliquents and other criminals. Or are you saying that punishing culprits is oppression?

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Wow.....yet I can't help but wonder what she did to get a cop called in the first place.

Also, when a police officer tells you to stand up, you stand up. While I feel it was overkill, she was made an example of, and she likely won't think twice next time shes in that situation.

She pulled out her cell phone in class.  Teacher asked for the cell phone and she would not give it to him.  She put the phone away and apologize.  The teacher was upset she did not give him the phone so ordered her to leave the class.  Girl got stubborn felt she did not do anything to get kicked out so refused to leave.  Principal and other teachers were called in to get her to leave but she continued to be stubborn.  After that, they called the SRO and we saw the results.

The problem is that the SRO is not responsible for handling anything that is school policy or school discipline.  Also SRO are not allowed to touch students unless they are actually breaking a Law not school policy.  So the guideline for the SRO was very clear, since she was just sitting there quietly it was a non issue for him and he should have informed the teacher and left.

Lawlight said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:

And yes, I wish I lived in a society where the next generation only listens to authority out of fear as oppose to not listening to authority.

All you have to do is book a one way flight to North Korea then

Except North Korea is a facist country. A better example is Singapore. The laws are very strict but it feels so good to know that you can walk around while being safe at all times and that people or kids won't mess with you.

Pretty sure that's what you were asking for. A country that oppresses people by force...

Uh, no. A country that's harsh but fair towards deliquents and other criminals. Or are you saying that punishing culprits is oppression?

Exactly what is your definition of a deliquent or criminal.  Neither or those terms apply to this situation.

MotherBound said:
Jumpin said:

You say that because you're a racist.

It's not racist, it's a simple question that I want to know the answer to as well

The problem lies in WHY one would make such an assumption....and the question itself is VERY sterotypical/border line racist.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

MotherBound said:
Jumpin said:

You say that because you're a racist.

It's not racist, it's a simple question that I want to know the answer to as well

I would not say that he is racist but rather badly misinformed and watching only one side of the news (he could still be racist though). A lot of people try to resist the police, not just black people, but for "some cultural reason" (I will not go into details for this) there are cops (not all of them) that respond differently when dealing with a black  person than they would for a white person. I will tell you my true story. One night I was out shopping in Shoprite. As I  ( I am black by the way) was leaving the parking I forget to turn on my light, then suddenly a cop drove very aggresively in front of me, got out of his car really mad, screaming at me: "HEY YOU STOP YOUR CAR RIGHT HERE" and he is coming at me very furiously, and then another car behind me driven by a white person was also leaving the parking without light passing by us, he raised his hand to stop the car and tell the driver: "sir you light are off please turn them on". Then he stop walking toward my car and and tell me:" turn your light on", and he left. The way that he drove his car in front of me, the way he was aggresively walking towark me, the way he shut "STOP YOUR CAR RIGHT HERE", it was not just so he could tell me "turn my light on". That white driver who had the exact problem as me helped me get the same treatment as him. 

And I have so many other stories I could tell (not necessarely cop related) that just show there is " a culture" in the US that really gets you to treat "black people" differently. I was not raised in the States, but currently live here. And more than once I have gotten that "different treatment".

Around the Network

So I had some students protested the firing of the officer....

d21lewis said:

So I had some students protested the firing of the officer....

Maybe those students should read the actual law for SRO in schools then they will understand that the cop was fired because he broke protocal.  He did not have any rights to touch the girl.  I wish people would first take the effort to check things out first before looking stupid because they did nto do their research.

Ka-pi96 said:
Lawlight said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Does the punishment fit the crime? No? It's massively overboard? Then yes, that's oppression.

No, it doesn't. I should have been structured and severe.

Machiavellian said:
Lawlight said:

Exactly what is your definition of a deliquent or criminal.  Neither or those terms apply to this situation.

(typically of a young person) tending to commit crime, particularly minor crime.
"delinquent teenagers"

synonyms: lawless, lawbreaking, criminal, offending; 
errant, badly behaved,troublesomedifficultunmanageableunrulydisobedient,uncontrollable, out of control
"delinquent teenagers"