By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hot dogs, bacon and other processed meats cause cancer, WHO declares

Around the Network

Living causes death, I declare.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Guys, isn't processed meat like the ones that has unnatural ingredients in them? Like preservatives?

I'm vegan, So I guess I'm save...

I don't eat bacon, hot dogs or anything like that so I guess I'm safe!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

The real question is what the hell doesn't cause cancer nowadays?

I couldn't care less. If I get cancer one day, so be it. It doesn't really matter if I die sooner or later in the long run anyway. The universe won't care and just move along. I'm gonna eat some bacon now, drink wodka and smoke my sweet cigarettes!

Also, prepare for "yolo" tags for everything related to Hot Dogs and bacon in the future!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

sounds like this study was sponsored by vegans international inc.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

JRPGfan said:
Still... someone clear up what the low-down on coffee was? good or bad?
Because Ive always heard it was supposed to be good (plenty of antioxidants in it) and reduce cancer risk.

(same with red wine)

This (unless I'm missing something) is very likely to be good:

This, which is what is sold to the public (milled) is a processed food that is likely to have some bad mixed with the good:

What we know:

Starch is present in coffee.

Starch decomposes into Acrylamide (among other things) when heated high enough.

Coffee is heated at temperatures over 200ºC in a process called roasting.

It's proven that exposure to Acrylamide causes tumors in animals and other harmful effects.

What isn't proven yet is that if a human eats Acrylamide he/she will have a higher chance of developing cancer.

What you should do if you want the good effects of red wine or coffee without any risks is eating grapes and coffee beans, but nobody will tell you so because there aren't multi-millionaire companies behind them.

OT: Pus this in the OP, it's the original press release:

http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2015/pdfs/pr240_E.pdf

So I should probably stop injecting liquified bacon into my eyeballs?

MegaDrive08 said:

You do realise theres counter arguments all over the internet, i could find scientific research that counters what you have just said, if you think what you consume has no affect on your body your an idiot, fruits like nuts and seeds are part of our natural diet, you probably think drinking milk from an entirley different species of animal is normal to!!! Im a Vegetarian going Vegan, ive never felt better or had so much energy as i do now, ive also stopped ageing, if it aint natural i dont consume it.

I was a  vegetarian for 5 months and manage to lose 15 pounds (140lbs to 125lbs) without doing exercise.  Meat definitely has some effect in people weight and health.  I stopped being vegetarian due to personal reasons and gained back all the weight lost so I see your point.  Not only I gained back the weight lost but my energy level isnt the same.