By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Charts Announcement

Yes! thx a lot thats so awesome.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

This is fantastic, don't worry about adjustments yet, just focus on getting to grips with the systems so you can get those numbers out here :)

To be honest, it was hard to watch this site for the past 10 months (especially from a position of head mod), for the sole reason that we had, for the most part, lost our lifeblood on what makes this site so unique and important. As much as we could easily coast on the great community and other positive site changes (like the re-merger with gamrReview), that's all we could achieve: coasting. Without the numbers, VGChartz had lost its niche and its purpose and had become "just another site". Every day I saw a growing frustration with an increasingly out of date (in both content and features) site that had lost its passion.

Obviously there was a community of folks who were still passionate about VGC, both in the community and behind the scenes, and that passion and commitment has helped VGC through its current growing pains. it was a huge victory to have Machina back on VGChartz since the merger, and thankfully he and the team have not stopped in their dedication to make this place a thriving site once again.

So a big thanks to ioi for handing over his baby to very capable hands, because I understand what a leap of faith that can be. A big thanks as well to Machina for not giving up on the site and for always pressing to make this site a better place. And a big thanks for everyone who worked to make VGChartz the best it could be over the past 10 months. I know it could be difficult at times, not knowing where this site was heading. But here we are, and we're all in this together. :)

To a new chapter in VGChartz, may it be better than ever. ^_^

This is awesome

spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Please tell me you're not referring to steam spy. That's hardly 'very close accuracy'...

I am, and according to game devs, it is. Either way, it's proof positive that tracking this stuff is not impossible or insurmountable.

Please tell me how do you track numbers that are exclusive to one source and devs may get solely their numbers without doing anything illegal, I'm really curious.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Please tell me how do you track numbers that are exclusive to one source and devs may get solely their numbers without doing anything illegal, I'm really curious.

If I knew, I'd be selling the information. It's not up to me to find out, but Steamspy or whatever proves that it's doable.

Good to hear and hope the people are less stingy on the numbers and respect the person doing it. I always respected Brett knowing it is hard job and know the numbers would never be exact. Can't wait to see numbers

Nem said:
I applaud this announcement.

Though i wonder what made Brett lose his interest.

Probably the countless bitching the users would be about him over tracking or under tracking some game or console. It's a free site and yet people still act like they deserve perfection, sad actually

Awesome to hear! I missed the charts more than I'd care to admit lol.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Awesome news! Thanks for stepping up Machina, and good luck!

Tifa got MOVES!