Westwood Studios 6 16.67%

Acclaim 7 19.44%

Dynamix 0 0%

Irrational Games 7 19.44%

Midway Games 1 2.78%

Total:36
Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:
The two I'll miss are Sega and Konami. Or is it still too soon?

Sega? Better than ever before = dead now? Wut?

Better than Dreamcast era where they specifically developed Shemnue 1 and 2, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, a home console Phantasy Star Online, Jet Set Radio, Nights Into Dreams,  ect. 

Now they have the good Sonic Lost World, terrible Boom series, and were smart enough to pick up Atlus as well as partially own Bayonetta. Sega themselves as developers haven't done anything really worthy of note in a really long time. Not sure how we got the "better than ever" seal of approval.

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:

How is Sega better than ever? They pretty much stopped all AAA console development, and haven't released a new game all year long. All in favor of doubling down on mobile. Same goes for Konami and Capcom to a certain extent. 

Capcom is all but certain to make only Street Fighter and Resident Evil, which is sad considering how many amazing IP they own.

Konami

RIP Factor 5 and Free Radical... we'll never get a true Rogue Squadron or Timesplitters sequel :(

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Ka-pi96 said:
IamAwsome said:
Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:

How is Sega better than ever? They pretty much stopped all AAA console development, and haven't released a new game all year long. All in favor of doubling down on mobile. Same goes for Konami and Capcom to a certain extent. 

Off the top of my head I can think of 2 already. Tembo and Attila Total War. So even if you were talking about AAA games exclusively then there's still Attila. Also who gives a toss whether it's a console game? AAA games are still AAA regardless of whether they are on console or PC. With those games and DLC for various previous releases and then FM 2016 and EHM still to come this year it's a pretty good year for Sega. Total War Warhammer next year looks pretty awesome too.

That's just their European side as well. For their Japanese stuff they've already released Yakuza 0 (with 5 being localised for the west this year too) as well as Persona 4 Dancing and a new Hatsune Miku game. Yakuza 1 remake, Yakuza 6 and Persona 5 next year all look good too.

So yeah, they have released games this year and are working on more in the future too.

True Alien Isolations was also amazing

Around the Network

Zipper Interactive - Makers of the awesome Socom series and the not so awesome MAG (Sony closed them down)
Bizarre Creations - Developers for PGR franchise and again not so awesome Blur (Activision closed them down)

Ka-pi96 said:
IamAwsome said:
Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:

Off the top of my head I can think of 2 already. Tembo and Attila Total War. So even if you were talking about AAA games exclusively then there's still Attila. Also who gives a toss whether it's a console game? AAA games are still AAA regardless of whether they are on console or PC. With those games and DLC for various previous releases and then FM 2016 and EHM still to come this year it's a pretty good year for Sega. Total War Warhammer next year looks pretty awesome too.

That's just their European side as well. For their Japanese stuff they've already released Yakuza 0 (with 5 being localised for the west this year too) as well as Persona 4 Dancing and a new Hatsune Miku game. Yakuza 1 remake, Yakuza 6 and Persona 5 next year all look good too.

So yeah, they have released games this year and are working on more in the future too.

You know, Atlus isn't really Sega. That takes a third of your list away. 

Ruler said:
Ka-pi96 said:
IamAwsome said:
Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:

True Alien Isolations was also amazing

Even if we say Alien Isolation was (and eh, but whatever) Sega did not develop it. Creative Assembly did. they also developed Atilla, so you know... 

Sega as a develop will be missed.

Ka-pi96 said:
bigtakilla said:

You know, Atlus isn't really Sega. That takes a third of your list away. 

Except for the fact that they are a part of Sega...
And @ above post. Creative Assembly ARE a part of Sega too...

But the development studio is still Atlus. Persona 5 isn't going to list Sega as the developer. 

Yet again, Sega as a developer will be missed.

*Edit* It would be like if every single Nintendo game flopped hard and gained no money except for Xenoblade Chronicles, then using that to praise Nintendo for developing an epic JRPG, lol. Give the credit where it is due.

sethnintendo said:
Guitarguy said:
Rareware... Just kidding :P

I was almost tempted to add them to the poll but technically they are still alive.  The company is not itself anymore but didn't most of the former heads form another company and are working on a Banjo type game?

I miss their games so much man. I played Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze on Wii U a few nights ago and it was a no comparison. Give me Donkey Kong Country 1,2 or 3 anyday...