3D Realms 2 5.56%

Origin Systems 0 0%

Westwood Studios 6 16.67%

Acclaim 7 19.44%

Dynamix 0 0%

Irrational Games 7 19.44%

Midway Games 1 2.78%

Total:36

Ensemble Studios. We'll never have a new Age of Empires of an Age of Mythology :(

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:
shenlong213 said:

Cing - another developer has my respected, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, LAST WINDOW: THE SECRET OF CAPE, ... these are the games you should play once time in your life

And Another Code and Another Code R, Again (not classic Cing, but worth playing) and Glass Rose back on the PS2.

Came here to say Cing, really. Just yesterday I bought another copy of Last Window. A unique studio known mostly to Europeans that shouldn't have disappeared.

Specifically came here to mention Cing as well. Great developer, Hotel Dusk is one of my favorites on DS. Thinking I'll import the sequel after I've finished Apollo Justice.

Hmm

SSI, I really liked their strategy & RPG  game, stronghold was amazing ! (not the one everyone know)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Strategic_Simulations,_Inc._games

cool thread bro.

You guys mentioned a lot of my favorite developers. Also rest in peace Ritual Entertainment & Neversoft.

Around the Network

Ah, pre-EA Maxis was fantastic. I don't care how bug-riddled it is, Streets of Simcity is still my favourite PC game after all of these years, equal with the original Sims game (most of which, unsurprisingly, was developed pre-EA.)

Bullfrog... : (

I loved the Theme Park, Theme Hospital, and MAGIC CARPET. TT_TT One of the best games I played as a kid. At least I have the PS1 version in my possession...

Forgot to mention Hudson too... ; ( Bomberman, I love you...!

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ka-pi96 said:
Free Radical

Made 3 of the best FPS games ever with TimeSplitters. They really knew how to make a good game!

Had a ton of fun with TimeSplitters 2 on GC.  The different settings and tons of content made the game enjoyable for a long time.  Playing the missions in co op mode was a blast along with little co op side missions that weren't part of the story.  Game also had bots and level editor (barely touched it myself).

RingoGaSuki said:
Ah, pre-EA Maxis was fantastic. I don't care how bug-riddled it is, Streets of Simcity is still my favourite PC game after all of these years, equal with the original Sims game (most of which, unsurprisingly, was developed pre-EA.)

I never had a chance to play that Streets of SimCity but always fantasized about being able to drive or fly around a city that I created.  Reminds me of also wanting to play C&C: Sole Survivor which you commanded one unit (got bad reviews I believe but still wanted to try the game).  So many games back when I was young that I had to pass up due to limited funds.  I almost listed Origin even without playing a single Ultima just because I would stare at the game package in stores wanting to play Ultima Online.

Guitarguy said:
Rareware... Just kidding :P

I was almost tempted to add them to the poll but technically they are still alive.  The company is not itself anymore but didn't most of the former heads form another company and are working on a Banjo type game?