By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 will sell 7.3 Million this year (Prediction)

Will it?

Yes 126 10.05%

No 438 34.93%

Maybe 93 7.42%

You're crazy 317 25.28%

I don't know 24 1.91%

Halo is dead 225 17.94%

team chief 24 1.91%

team locke 7 0.56%

Total:1,254
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

How do you get that figure?

its at 2.78m. It can sell 700-750k this year and the rest is digital.

700k in 3 weeks, yeah that's entirely possible, optimisitc but doable. So that will take the physical total to 3.5M, digital 2M. That's a 36% digital attach rate.

Those are very optimistic figures!

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

700k in 3 weeks, yeah that's entirely possible, optimisitc but doable. So that will take the physical total to 3.5M, digital 2M. That's a 36% digital attach rate.

Very hard to know, in the first 2 weeks of December, VG Chartz, Din't even chart  Halo 5, in the top 10.

Chris Hu said:

Well it is a relatively small game (well at least it was when it launched) so its digital sales might a bit be more then 10%.

I don't get the connections you make sometimes. What does it being "relatively small" have to do with digital sales?

Small in what way? Ironically I'm downplaying digital sales on GT6 and I bought is digitally at around launch for £30, and it's not a small game.

Over 30 tracks and 1200 cars. By any GT standard that's pretty big.

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

Belive in the power of the cloud!

SWORDF1SH said:
Chris Hu said:

Well it is a relatively small game (well at least it was when it launched) so its digital sales might a bit be more then 10%.

I don't get the connections you make sometimes. What does it being "relatively small" have to do with digital sales?

Small in what way? Ironically I'm downplaying digital sales on GT6 and I bought is digitally at around launch for £30, and it's not a small game.

Over 30 tracks and 1200 cars. By any GT standard that's pretty big.

Small in size it was only around 12GB when it launched so more people are where likely to download it then since it didn't eat up a lot of HDD space and it didn't take that long to download.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Seriously how did you come to these figures? First how did you get 7.3M to begin with, second why do you think 36% attach rate? 36% attach rate at launch is "possible" with the digital copy in the bundles and the select few that want to get their hands on it straight away. But with each passing day that rate is going to come down. Store will sell it for cheaper and the advantages of digital begin to fade. What makes you think that 36% is possible by the years end?

Chris Hu said:

Small in size it was only around 12GB when it launched so more people are where likely to download it then since it didn't eat up a lot of HDD space and it didn't take that long to download.

12GB isn't small on PS3. Plus I don't really think size plays a factor (that's what she said) to really sway it that much.

SWORDF1SH said:
Chris Hu said:

12GB isn't small on PS3. Plus I don't really think size plays a factor (that's what she said) to really sway it that much.

Well not everyone that has  a PS3 upgraded their HDD so size does play a factor for a good amount of PS3 owners.  Also I only said it probably only sold a bit more digitally so probably still less the 15%.

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Seriously how did you come to these figures? First how did you get 7.3M to begin with, second why do you think 36% attach rate? 36% attach rate at launch is "possible" with the digital copy in the bundles and the select few that want to get their hands on it straight away. But with each passing day that rate is going to come down. Store will sell it for cheaper and the advantages of digital begin to fade. What makes you think that 36% is possible by the years end?

I got the 7.3m based on the performance of past installments in the series.

And the 36% because from what I've seen in the launch event and people I know the game was mostly downloaded off the Xbox marketplace. Not only this but the game had a discount on the Xbox store this holiday. 

It's alright, Jason. I didn't mean to be mean about my prediction of 2.5-3.2 million in 2015. But this is my first prediction that I've actually put in. And since on this site we go by VGC stats, I'm kind of proud of my almost on the money prediction. Although I would be perfectly happy to had been wrong. I have always loved the Halo series. (I've only played the first two though.

It was a bold prediction you made at 7.3m, but you did make a fun thread to chat in.