By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anita Sarkeesian: An Assassin's Creed Syndicate Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzKTAYkyTE

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

It's just what you would expect from an Anita Sarkeesian review.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Always good to get the SJW perspective on new releases.

Not.

Also... what a shock that comments are disabled for the video.  Probably because the typical Sarkesian comment section contains too many triggers without warning lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:

Not.

Also... what a shock that comments are disabled for the video.  Probably because the typical Sarkesian comment section contains too many triggers without warning lol.

From the video description:

COMMENTS: We have been forced to close comments on YouTube due to continued harassment of this channel but please feel free to post and share this video with your own social media networks to facilitate discussions.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I wouldn't really call that a review, as she did very little to actually talk about the quality of the game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

When your reaction to a game is as predictable as Anita's is the value of the review is almost zero.

She finds the angle which best suits her narrative of the powerless and objectified woman and pays no attention to the portrayal of men (which if she did would engender more people to take her views on as un-biased).

I will say that while I prefer the comments section to be open not matter the content of the comments I do not hold that against her arguments.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

That did not help me understand whether this game is good or not.

More like a commentary on the characters from a feminist perspective. Considering games are still a relatively weak story telling medium, I couldn't care less about the characters.

This is like a car review that focuses entirely on whether the manufacturer has gone out of their way to target a specific demographic. It doesn't help those considering a purchase at all.

AbbathTheGrim said:
NightDragon83 said:

Not.

From the video description:

COMMENTS: We have been forced to close comments on YouTube due to continued harassment of this channel but please feel free to post and share this video with your own social media networks to facilitate discussions.

I'd expect nothing less from a professional victim.  That "continued harassment" is the only thing Sarkeesian has going for her... without it she's just another YouTuber with a handful of viewers, and she certainly wouldn't have been offered a prominent speaking role at a UN discussion panel or various guest spots on popular TV shows like the Colbert Report.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

i would not give her the view as it is predictable what kind of bs she is dishing out

I wonder if everyone ignored her if she would just go away

Dunban67 said:
i would not give her the view as it is predictable what kind of bs she is dishing out

I wonder if everyone ignored her if she would just go away

You can always downvote the video lol.