By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anita Sarkeesian: An Assassin's Creed Syndicate Review

Cloudman said:
It seems like the review is pretty good, if it only didn't feel like she is trying hard to fulfill an agenda. : /

I checked out the review- how would you consider it 'good'? fairly speaking it did not discuss that many gameplay elements or differences between the previous installments. she just keeps blah blah blah-ing about how she is happy that there is a female character that isn't overly sexualized and how she is UNHAPPY that the female character is not the dominant character in the game. yawn./

Around the Network

Abbath, its great that you're finding content to provoke discussion on the forums.

Could you please begin to provide some commentary of your own though?

It might just be a quick summary of the video in the OP (even just a few dot points), or a summation of the outcomes of a review/preview. Or it could be a more fleshed out view of your own opinions.

Thanks.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

mountaindewslave said:
Cloudman said:
It seems like the review is pretty good, if it only didn't feel like she is trying hard to fulfill an agenda. : /

I checked out the review- how would you consider it 'good'? fairly speaking it did not discuss that many gameplay elements or differences between the previous installments. she just keeps blah blah blah-ing about how she is happy that there is a female character that isn't overly sexualized and how she is UNHAPPY that the female character is not the dominant character in the game. yawn./

Well, there were pieces I thought were good, such as the repetitive objectives and well designed characters as well as pointing out minor bugs in the game... I'm sure there was a bit more good in there... : P maybe I'm being lenient

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 17 June 2019

OttoniBastos said:
CWegzz said:
It's just what you would expect from an Anita Sarkeesian review.

Tell me that at least she reviewed things like gameplay mechanics,performance,story and didn't gave score based solely on "women representation"?!

She talked about glitches for a few seconds, but otherwise not really.  She complained about how there weren't enough people of color in Victorian London and also about how the female main character isn't represented as much as the male main character.  Probably 90% of the video was about women representation.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

Oh for the love of god, when will this chick just fall off the face of the earth? Her "Men bad, women good" shtick has gotten stale already.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Anyone care to post a transcript? I have no desire to give this person any views (how many are there btw?).

KLAMarine said:

Anyone care to post a transcript? I have no desire to give this person any views (how many are there btw?).

She didn't review the game, really. Nothing about game or story. She mainly talked about the lead female character and how little she was in the game compared to the male protagonist. 

Interesting review... but I've little interest in yet another assassins creed game.

Normchacho said:
I wouldn't really call that a review, as she did very little to actually talk about the quality of the game.

You're assuming that she actually bothers to play most of the games she talks about.