By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" (SSGSS) form in Dragon Ball gets a new abbreviated name

AbbathTheGrim said:
People tell me Dragon Ball sucks after the Cell saga which is the farthest point I got in the series for no particular reason.

One day I plan on watch the whole series again from the start.

Just watch Dragon ball abridged. They're already on Cell in his semi perfect form in just 50 episodes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6EC7B047181AD013

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:

If you only plan on starting DBZ from scratch, I strongly suggest watching Kai. Some people crap on it because it isn't their nostalgic, super drawn out version of the show, but it is cut down in all the best ways to make it feel less horribly long at various points. The one thing that might throw you off though is that they did have to get new voice actors for some characters, and they may sound more than a touch off compared to the originals. Thankfully, characters like Goku and Vegeta have the same voices they always have, and Kai will let you skip that awkward phase where Goku's voice actor was trying to get the voice down.

If you want to watch from Dragon Ball forward, well, Dragon Ball is good as it is. I enjoyed it when I decided to watch Dragon Ball from the start all of the way through the loathed GT a year or two ago.

I started watching the series from DBZ. Actually, that means I've only seen DBZ.

I remember reading that Kai cut off stuff to make it so that Goku doesn't spend as many days in the "Serpent Road" and in his way to Namekusei. I think I would rather watch the orginal series because I don't like the idea of missing footage. But then Kai is HD, so there's that to consider.

I have no particular attachment to the voice overs as I saw these series mainly with Spanish and English voice overs. I remember Japanese VO for Goku though, he has a high-pitched voice, I recall a woman gave his character voice in the orginal version.

I would like to start from the Dragon Ball series indeed.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I definitely enjoyed the Cell saga. It was nice that they mixed up the formula of everyone stalling for time until Goku arrives, only to give the enemy a chance, then ultimately destroy them with a spirit bomb. Goku intentionally sidelines himself to allow Gohan development, and an awesome final showdown, which is all for naught when he comes back to fight Buu.

DBGT is best forgotten about.

Despite my nostalgic bias towards DBZ, Dragonball is my favourite (I had never seen it before DBZ). The fighting has more meaning, instead of being pointless filler until someone finally dies, and the Kamehameha was actually a big deal that took ages to charge, instead of being relegated to an exercise in using up the spare blue ink.

AbbathTheGrim said:
LuckyTrouble said:

If you only plan on starting DBZ from scratch, I strongly suggest watching Kai. Some people crap on it because it isn't their nostalgic, super drawn out version of the show, but it is cut down in all the best ways to make it feel less horribly long at various points. The one thing that might throw you off though is that they did have to get new voice actors for some characters, and they may sound more than a touch off compared to the originals. Thankfully, characters like Goku and Vegeta have the same voices they always have, and Kai will let you skip that awkward phase where Goku's voice actor was trying to get the voice down.

If you want to watch from Dragon Ball forward, well, Dragon Ball is good as it is. I enjoyed it when I decided to watch Dragon Ball from the start all of the way through the loathed GT a year or two ago.

I started watching the series from DBZ. Actually, that means I've only seen DBZ.

I remember reading that Kai cut off stuff to make it so that Goku doesn't spend as many days in the "Serpent Road" and in his way to Namekusei. I think I would rather watch the orginal series because I don't like the idea of missing footage. But then Kai is HD, so there's that to consider.

I have no particular attachment to the voice overs as I saw these series mainly with Spanish and English voice overs. I remember Japanese VO for Goku though, he has a high-pitched voice, I recall a woman gave his character voice in the orginal version.

I would like to start from the Dragon Ball series indeed.

I'm sure you know spanish as you are puertorrican like me so I hugely recommend the latin version.  

Angelv577 said:

I'm sure you know spanish as you are puertorrican like me so I hugely recommend the latin version.  

I saw most of the series in Spanish through Telemundo so I yeah. It had proper voice-overs.

The Cell saga I saw in English though. I don't recall having any complaints.

I think I would rather see it in Japanese if I ever see them again, which I hope. I prefer to see stuff in the intended language, specially when it comes to anime.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Angelv577 said:

I saw most of the series in Spanish through Telemundo so I yeah. It had proper voice-overs.

The Cell saga I saw in English though. I don't recall having any complaints.

I think I would rather see it in Japanese if I ever see them again, which I hope. I prefer to see stuff in the intended language, specially when it comes to anime.

The DBZ Japanese dub might be my least favorite thing ever. I'm positive it's at least 50% nostalgia, but on the flip side, I've switched between Japanese and English without any issue on a lot of shows where I didn't realize only one season was dubbed or something like that. The voices for Japanese DBZ are just so bad though. I hate them. They don't fit the characters at all in any way. It's not even a matter of letting them grow on me. Goku's voice alone makes me want to punch small and defenseless things.

t3mporary_126 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
People tell me Dragon Ball sucks after the Cell saga which is the farthest point I got in the series for no particular reason.

One day I plan on watch the whole series again from the start.

Just watch Dragon ball abridged. They're already on Cell in his semi perfect form in just 50 episodes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6EC7B047181AD013

For some reason I  didn't see your post. Is that like a summary videos or something?

LuckyTrouble said:

The DBZ Japanese dub might be my least favorite thing ever. I'm positive it's at least 50% nostalgia, but on the flip side, I've switched between Japanese and English without any issue on a lot of shows where I didn't realize only one season was dubbed or something like that. The voices for Japanese DBZ are just so bad though. I hate them. They don't fit the characters at all in any way. It's not even a matter of letting them grow on me. Goku's voice alone makes me want to punch small and defenseless things.

I hope the Japanese version isn't that bad because that is the version I am planning to go for.

They should have never revived dbz...

Could have just called it SSG2 or if you want to consider SSG as the base form, then the blue hair would be SSG1. Better than Blue.

Rob5VGC said:
Could have just called it SSG2 or if you want to consider SSG as the base form, then the blue hair would be SSG1. Better than Blue.

SSJG isn't a base form though, cause you can't transform into and it has a time limitation.

SSJB is a super saiyan transformation using Godly Reiki instead of Ki, apparently it is a lot more efficient in its KI Usage, then SSJ

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank