By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" (SSGSS) form in Dragon Ball gets a new abbreviated name

Abun said:
DBZ should have ended after the Frieza Saga.IT turned to crap after that.

If you dislike it since the frieza saga 1, what are you doing in this thread? Just move on. 

On topic... yeah thats better. But the explanation is still confusing because in the movie it was said that SSB was actually a bit below SSG. Its a SS with some god powers but not a god. This also makes sense if you watch the Goku SSG transformation in the anime series where it goes from gold to blue, to bright and then that silly red/purplish color. SSB would be a step in the road to SSG.

Anyways... with that outta the way, we can move on from the sillyness that was SSGSS. 

Around the Network
LuckyTrouble said:

I was gonna say, the Cell saga was great. Gohan going SSJ2 and ripping Super Perfect Cell to shreds was beautiful. The Buu saga itself wasn't awful, but the lead in with Gohan being relegated basically to comic relief was hard to swallow. Goten and Trunks got somewhat annoying. Vegeta's sacrifice was pretty intense, at least.

My issue with Buu Saga was the kids. Vegeta said it best in the anime "Since when did the powers of a Super Saiyan become a child's plaything?" Those 2 kids were able to become what Goku, Vegeta and Gohan struggled to become by just seemingly existing, there then was a lot more comic relief in it with those kids and Hercule/Mr Satan which gave it a completely different tone.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Abun said:

Yes.The series got horrible and Dragon Ball was better anyway before all the Godlike powers ruined the true martial arts,skill and technigue of the fighting.

Power levels are bit too much in new any new Dragon Ball. The fact that Gohan was meant to be the most powerful in his 'Mystic' form and did nothing with it was kinda sad.

I say DBZ should have stopped after Cell.

:)

Cell was my favorite saga too.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

SSJB brings it back to its Shonen roots I guess, even if the name seems a bit, lazy, its still better than SSGSS.

They should've just called the first form Saiyan God, cause that was what is was, a Saiyan God

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

So trunks is also a SSB.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

People tell me Dragon Ball sucks after the Cell saga which is the farthest point I got in the series for no particular reason.

One day I plan on watch the whole series again from the start.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Abun said:
DBZ should have ended after the Frieza Saga.IT turned to crap after that.

not everyone agree with you, in fact my favorite saga is the cell saga so I'm glad they continued.

Please DBZ stop, end before you destroy yourself

I agree that Z should've ended after Cell.
I just thought having the series end on a note of passing the torch from father to son was very touching

AbbathTheGrim said:
People tell me Dragon Ball sucks after the Cell saga which is the farthest point I got in the series for no particular reason.

One day I plan on watch the whole series again from the start.

If you only plan on starting DBZ from scratch, I strongly suggest watching Kai. Some people crap on it because it isn't their nostalgic, super drawn out version of the show, but it is cut down in all the best ways to make it feel less horribly long at various points. The one thing that might throw you off though is that they did have to get new voice actors for some characters, and they may sound more than a touch off compared to the originals. Thankfully, characters like Goku and Vegeta have the same voices they always have, and Kai will let you skip that awkward phase where Goku's voice actor was trying to get the voice down.

If you want to watch from Dragon Ball forward, well, Dragon Ball is good as it is. I enjoyed it when I decided to watch Dragon Ball from the start all of the way through the loathed GT a year or two ago.