By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" (SSGSS) form in Dragon Ball gets a new abbreviated name

- this form introduced in Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F is the result of a Saiyan getting the power of a Super Saiyan God and becoms Super Saiyan with blue hair

- in the recent Dragon Ball Super manga the "goofy" term to refer to this Super Saiyan form appears to be addressed and rectified.

- the manga appears to show a discussion where Vegeta and Goku discuss the transformation name:

Vegeta: “Hahaha! That’s just what I was hoping for! Obviously if we’re both Super Saiyan God Super Saiyans, then as an elite I’ll definitely be superior!!”

Goku: “No way, my Super Saiyan God Super...Ow!!! I bit my tongue!!!”

Vegeta: “...”

Goku: “Hey Vegeta, can’t we do something about that long name?”

Whis drops down

Whis: “How about...Super Saiyan Blue?”

Vegeta: “...”

Goku: “Blue...”

- there is also a narration in the manga that makes once again allusion to the new name for this Saiyan form:

Narration: “In fact, a little while before this, the terrible emperor Freeza who had previously terrorized the universe came back to life and attacked Earth. However, after meeting Beerus and Whis, Goku and Vegeta received training from Whis, managing to evolve into Super Saiyan Blue, a form surpassing Super Saiyan God. And so they even managed to defeat the revived Freeza!”

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/10/ssgss-renamed-super-saiyan-blue-whis-sister-beerus-twin-brother/

http://kotaku.com/dragon-balls-most-ridiculous-super-saiyan-form-gets-a-n-1737985192

So Super Saiyan Blue it is.

Hopefully none of you went out of your way to memorize this one. :P

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

The long name was incredibly dumb, but SSJB is kind of weird. I guess it makes referencing easier, if nothing else.

DBZ should have ended after the Frieza Saga.IT turned to crap after that.

Abun said:

No.

Sprash said:
Abun said:

No.

Yes.The series got horrible and Dragon Ball was better anyway before all the Godlike powers ruined the true martial arts,skill and technigue of the fighting.

Around the Network

gold hair felt special and it was..

this now is a joke and the movies suck blue saiyan ass.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Abun said:

Yes.The series got horrible and Dragon Ball was better anyway before all the Godlike powers ruined the true martial arts,skill and technigue of the fighting.

Power levels are bit too much in new any new Dragon Ball. The fact that Gohan was meant to be the most powerful in his 'Mystic' form and did nothing with it was kinda sad.

I say DBZ should have stopped after Cell.

Hmm, pie.

Abun said:
Sprash said:

No.

No.

The Fury said:
Abun said:

Power levels are bit too much in new any new Dragon Ball. The fact that Gohan was meant to be the most powerful in his 'Mystic' form and did nothing with it was kinda sad.

I say DBZ should have stopped after Cell.

I was gonna say, the Cell saga was great. Gohan going SSJ2 and ripping Super Perfect Cell to shreds was beautiful. The Buu saga itself wasn't awful, but the lead in with Gohan being relegated basically to comic relief was hard to swallow. Goten and Trunks got somewhat annoying. Vegeta's sacrifice was pretty intense, at least.

blue...