By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - #BoycottStarWarsVII

It must've been a very, very slow news day for the news outlets to even take this seriously and consider it to publish this.

I'm not a Star Wars fan, even if I do like the old movies a bit. But if this was some trolling from 4chan, why do everyone else has to go along with them and see this trailer as a red flag? Why don't they dismiss 4chan as the morons they are and go enjoy the movie peacefully? The trailer is the most normal thing I've ever seen, and hell, the movie seems like it's going to be good. Why all this nonsense happened?

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
It must've been a very, very slow news day for the news outlets to even take this seriously and consider it to publish this.

I'm not a Star Wars fan, even if I do like the old movies a bit. But if this was some trolling from 4chan, why do everyone else has to go along with them and see this trailer as a red flag? Why don't they dismiss 4chan as the morons they are and go enjoy the movie peacefully? The trailer is the most normal thing I've ever seen, and hell, the movie seems like it's going to be good. Why all this nonsense happened?

Well, I think that's simply where you and most people have gone wrong.  Clearly 4chan isn't filled with morons, they're not the ones who are failing to research news pieces before putting them on national news sites.  And the SJW/Stormfront crowds aren't much better.

mornelithe said:
Mr_No said:

Well, I think that's simply where you and most people have gone wrong.  Clearly 4chan isn't filled with morons, they're not the ones who are failing to research news pieces before putting them on national news sites.  And the SJW/Stormfront crowds aren't much better.

As far as I know, SJW are "pro-left" trolls, and Stormfront are "pro-right" trolls. Is that true?

mornelithe said:
Mr_No said:

I wanted to go with "assholes" instead of "morons" when refering to 4chan, but I thought that would be deemed as inappropriate. You are right that the news outlet failed to do their thing before posting these "news", but why do people don't see thru this fallacy when the trailer has nothing wrong?

dovus said:
mornelithe said:

As far as I know, SJW are "pro-left" trolls, and Stormfront are "pro-right" trolls. Is that true?

No, I actually think SJW's and Stormfront are pretty serious in their ideology.  4chan is like Lulzsec, without the hacking.  They just sit around and come up with ideas to piss all types of people off.  Piss Yourself for Equality was one of theirs.

Mr_No said:

I wanted to go with "assholes" instead of "morons" when refering to 4chan, but I thought that would be deemed as inappropriate. You are right that the news outlet failed to do their thing before posting these "news", but why do people don't see thru this fallacy when the trailer has nothing wrong?

I actually think assholes would be more appropriate, honestly.  They enjoy pissing everyone off, that's rather assholish behavior, imo.  

As far as your question, frankly, I think the ideologues thirst for examples to drive their agenda, and I think News organizations have, for the most part, lost all semblence of integrity and simply post as much flame/troll baity shit as they possibly can, to keep themselves relevant.  Think about it, it's pretty rare these days that a  news org breaks a story, usually if you're at all connected, you learn about the issue long before the national news ever gets hold of it.

News is more about entertainment and profit these days, than it is actually delivering information to the populace.  It's a very serious issue, imo.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
the_dark_lewd said:

Right ho. Didn't strike me as a genuine thing at all. Racists don't tend to operate by boycotts. 

Yeah, I think the more bizarre the hash tags get, the more skepticism they should be viewed with.  People have picked up on the fact that the news simply has no framework for researching whether a hashtag is legitimate or not, and they're more than willing to exploit that lack of understanding.

Tell me about it. I'm still trying to figure out what was the deal with that clock boy Ahmed a few weeks back. Exact same thing. The media jumped on it and made a snap judgement without looking at the details at all.

dovus said:

Stormfront are self-described racists.

SJWs are people who hijack social causes for the sake of virtue-signalling and bullying people they don't like. They're the people who are offended at nearly everything.

the_dark_lewd said:
dovus said:

SJWs are people who hijack social causes for the sake of virtue-signalling and bullying people they don't like.

SJWs can be racists too.

Lawlight said:
the_dark_lewd said:

SJWs are people who hijack social causes for the sake of virtue-signalling and bullying people they don't like.

SJWs can be racists too.

I know. They're mostly white middle class people who hate other white middle class people! And then if a non-white person (or woman) doesn't play along with their fixed idea of how a "minority" should behave, they tend to reveal their true face:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/21/don-t-call-me-porch-monkey.html

Thanks you guys, got it.