By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - #BoycottStarWarsVII

I agree with Nem. It's like rebooting Charlie's angels with racially diverse males. And the female ghostbusters

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Nem said:

Yup, i knew this was going to happen. You can't disrespect a legacy like this.
Its got nothing to do with racism, and that is a reductive way to look at it.

People expect something from Star wars. Something they review themselves in and find confort. By changing what was established for decades, its asking for trouble. Its only natural people wont feel confortable with it.

Think about it, how would you feel if Uncharted had a black woman protagonist all of a sudden? Logical? Would you feel the same attachment to the series? If Tomb raider now had a white male protagonist as another example. Would you be ok without Lara? Would you feel the same confort and attachment to the series?
No, you wouldnt. Its not a matter of racism, its a matter of confort and attachment. You change a series to something people aren't familiar with, you are inviting anger.
Another example, Raiden on MGS2. How did you enjoy that?

Thats just how it is. It doesnt depend on sex and race, it depends on confort of what is familiar. You can't change that after its been established without inviting anger from those that will feel they had their fandom betrayed.

The Trump connection is deplorable and most probably made up for bigger headlines. Very sad.

This is utterly ridiculous. They are new characters In a new original story moving things forward. They did not suddenly make Luke Black. By all accounts Daisy looks like the main character. A female lead is a huge departure for the series as well. So why is it important that Star Wars has a predominantly white male cast?

There is nothing ridiculous and you are failing to see the point. Its not about wich color or sex people are, its about attachment to something that is familiar. Star wars is an old movie so its only natural that its rooted in old stereotypes. You can't give them a new "black Luke" as you put it and not expect people to feel their expectations have been betrayed. As for beeing a new story... that is where another problem lies. It isnt a new story, its episode 7 the continuation of the original trilogy with the return of the original cast. There is a huge ammount of attachment because of that.

Besides, i do agree. It seems the woman is the main character and the guy is likely to die if he is going against the villain. Doesnt make my point any less true though. This was totally predictable and i'm surprised they went ahead with it.

i actually agree with this sort of thing

and please don't call me racist as i am an indian and the british ruled on us for 200 years

Some whining leftist people will say Europeans did this or that and put a label of

RACIST

MALE-CHAUVINIST

ANTI-SEMITIC

HOMO-PHOBIC

RICH

ELITIST

or this or that but that doesn't change the FACT'S does it?

you clearly show in AMERICAN MOVIES that there is a push to include a homesexual,a mexican,an african,an indian,a jeish person,poor people

and show them as the good guy against the Traditional European,Conservative Straight sexually,Rich,Elite,Aristocratic,Noble person or people or gorup

This is called a Fucking AGENDA of Political Correctness

And by the say i am an Indian but i respect other cultures and just hate people with negative emotions,Indians themselves are pretty whining so i understand that thing going in USA or the WEST pretty damn well

There is no negativity in my post just stating the obvious

And i actually love that the AFRICAN guy will probably be the lead or the other MEXICAN guy will support it,it will Destroy STAR WARS as a brand or whats left of it and also DISNEY with it.

Also this shows that they really have some sort of an AGENDA and it only when that LIBERALISM is at its highest that their will be a revision to the mean

GOOD comes out and defeats the EVIL

if you see most people are moving away from MAINSTREAM or atleast the quality people are

I am watching Indie movies from last few years,just not that much into Mainstream Decadent culture

So, the replies in this thread are still telling me people don't realize it's a joke. Oh humans.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nem said:

Yup, i knew this was going to happen. You can't disrespect a legacy like this.
Its got nothing to do with racism, and that is a reductive way to look at it.

People expect something from Star wars. Something they review themselves in and find confort. By changing what was established for decades, its asking for trouble. Its only natural people wont feel confortable with it.

Think about it, how would you feel if Uncharted had a black woman protagonist all of a sudden? Logical? Would you feel the same attachment to the series? If Tomb raider now had a white male protagonist as another example. Would you be ok without Lara? Would you feel the same confort and attachment to the series?
No, you wouldnt. Its not a matter of racism, its a matter of confort and attachment. You change a series to something people aren't familiar with, you are inviting anger.
Another example, Raiden on MGS2. How did you enjoy that?

Thats just how it is. It doesnt depend on sex and race, it depends on confort of what is familiar. You can't change that after its been established without inviting anger from those that will feel they had their fandom betrayed.

The Trump connection is deplorable and most probably made up for bigger headlines. Very sad.

This is ridiculous. It's a new film, with new characters, and it happens that Finn is a black ex-trooper. What's wrong with that? It's not like they are changing the colour of Han Solo or Luke. And the examples you provide are not valid. Of course, I don't feel the need to make Lara Croft black because she is white. That's why I don't agree with making James Bond black, because he isn't black, for example. As long as the cast do it well, and the film is good, I couldn't care less about the protagonist's color. It's not "how it is". Finn wasn't anyone to begin with. 

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
So, the replies in this thread are still telling me people don't realize it's a joke. Oh humans.

it doesn't really matter if its a joke or not,the topic being discussed is pretty damn real

the the very fact that somebody jokes has a reason and a point to it without which that person will most probably be a retard

enlightenedmaster said:
outlawauron said:

it doesn't really matter if its a joke or not,the topic being discussed is pretty damn real

the the very fact that somebody jokes has a reason and a point to it without which that person will most probably be a retard

No, it's a fake hashtag because people like to stir the pot and then laugh at the ensuing conflict. People on the internet like to troll, so sorry if I don't see the realness of any of it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Not even Donald Trump would stoop this low #StopBesmercingDonaldTrump

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Must be Fox News behind this...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

So many people thinking this is serious. It's sensationalist journalism. People on the internet know how easy they are to troll, and they fall for it everytime.