By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I need a new PS4 game! Help me out.

spemanig said:
PieToast said:

Spemanig is right, you should try Bloodborne even if you didn't particularly enjoy Demon Souls.

It's From Software's forth game and they have perfected the formula. It's much better paced, the metroidvania style of exploration is better, the enemies and bosses are more varied and the combat is is faster and it even rewards the players impulsives sometimes.

I won't talk much about the story, but it's perhaps the most ambitious cosmic horror game. We've seen games before that were inspired by lovecraft's work, however they were just inspired, and Bloodborne, while still retaining the qualities of being an "action RPG", is a direct reinterpretation of his works.

Definitely better than Demon's Souls. I wouldn't go as far to say it's better than Dark Souls though. It isn't. But its way more accessable than both, which is what they where going for, and in that way, they succeeded.

This is the great thing about the Souls games: everyone can have a different favorite for different reasons, and every reason is a really good one despite what your favorite or least favorite Souls game is. Each game has a wonderful defining attribute and a show-stalling failure.

Demon's: Wonderful music, plays spectacularly for its age, sets up the stage for everything to come, depressing stories galore. BUT, it wasn't as refined, Tendency sucked. 

Dark: Perfection, single-handedly the best Souls (of its time). BUT, it doesn't run well on consoles.

Dark 2: Broken perfection, power stance rocks, speedy ladder climbing rocks, the DLCs all rock, lowered difficulty allows for a good jumping point into the series. BUT, lacked the perfect level design of Dark1, most enemies and bosses were "dudes in armor", lowered difficulty betrayed the community.

Bloodborne: Fast, frenetic, horrifying, the weapons were like Dr Suess instruments of death, faster paced gameplay feels more familiar to gamers (allowing easier access to the series). BUT, most RPG elements were stripped, very little customization in playstyle. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

GTAV? BloodBorne? I'd recommend inFamous: Second Son but it doesn't have online, great game though, much better then inFamous 2.

Azuren said:

This is the great thing about the Souls games: everyone can have a different favorite for different reasons, and every reason is a really good one despite what your favorite or least favorite Souls game is. Each game has a wonderful defining attribute and a show-stalling failure.

Demon's: Wonderful music, plays spectacularly for its age, sets up the stage for everything to come, depressing stories galore. BUT, it wasn't as refined, Tendency sucked. 

Dark: Perfection, single-handedly the best Souls (of its time). BUT, it doesn't run well on consoles.

Dark 2: Broken perfection, power stance rocks, speedy ladder climbing rocks, the DLCs all rock, lowered difficulty allows for a good jumping point into the series. BUT, lacked the perfect level design of Dark1, most enemies and bosses were "dudes in armor", lowered difficulty betrayed the community.

Bloodborne: Fast, frenetic, horrifying, the weapons were like Dr Suess instruments of death, faster paced gameplay feels more familiar to gamers (allowing easier access to the series). BUT, most RPG elements were stripped, very little customization in playstyle. 

Very good point.

I think DriveClub is the cheapest and most valuable bet, especially if you were thinking NFS. You will not find a prettier, sexier and fun driving game on the PS4 or X1 for a longtime.

If you not into driving games, Dying Light is pretty awesome. I'm playing through it myself right now. Imagine Far Cry 3, but with Zombies, parkour, a large portion of Dead Rising and Deadnation and you will get Dying Light. It has a super fun co-op mode and mp too.

oodles2do said:

Hey!

I'm in need of a new PS4 game. I was thinking of getting Star Wars Battlefront, until I found out that it doesn't have a single player campaign. So I'll pick that up when it's dirt cheap. I don't really like games like Fallout 4, and I've gotten really bored of MGS5 before completing it.

I like a game with a decent single player mode and an online to extend playability.

Any ideas? It can be games coming out from now until Xmas.

I'll definitely be getting Uncharted 4 in March.

Get better taste in games?!  No offense.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

Destiny the taken king, since it nets you the original, all the DLC/expansions and for a first time player is well worth the money, now.

have you played Resident Evil Revelations 2?

if not, its highly recommended since you like TLOU so much.

Eddie_Raja said:
oodles2do said:

Hey!

I'm in need of a new PS4 game. I was thinking of getting Star Wars Battlefront, until I found out that it doesn't have a single player campaign. So I'll pick that up when it's dirt cheap. I don't really like games like Fallout 4, and I've gotten really bored of MGS5 before completing it.

I like a game with a decent single player mode and an online to extend playability.

Get better taste in games?!  No offense.

What games would you suggest then? I'd say I've got quite a broad taste, I've tried a lot of genres and I own many different kinds of games right now....

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Just so people know. I've got GTA5 already, and Driveclub, I don't like the look of Bloodborne from what I've seen. I think I'm just going to have to leave it for now! Maybe pick up Star Wars when it's cheaper.

oodles2do said:

Hey!

Well, if you are fine with getting an older game, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (PS2) is on the PSN store for a really cheap price. I highly recommend that game. You'll get a shit ton of hours. Obviously there is no online but it's single player experience is pretty amazing. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]