By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying Wii U now, or wait for NX?

Tagged games:

What Should I do

Buy Wii U now 203 42.65%

Wait for NX 125 26.26%

Buy Wii U at bargain price 86 18.07%

Buy Hooker 62 13.03%

Total:476

I say buy it now.The best choice would be to wait a price drop for it, but we dont know when nintendo is going to do it, even if.But Wii U has more than enough games to justificate the purchase.Plus Xenoblade Chronicles X is comming

PS: and we dont know if the NX will be BC, and even if it is, i dont know how he will mimic the gamepad for games that really uses it like Splatoon.So yeah, buy the Wii U

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

You have answered your own question...get a Wii U as it has the games you want to play and a fully fledged library. What if NX has a shitty launch line up? I would get a Wii U and by the time NX delivers the goods you will have had your moneys worth out of the U.

Just wait it out, better to support Nintendo when they fix their shit than when they fail horribly. Assuming that the NX is gonna be a system made by people that have common sense.

I'm now filled with determination.

Do the reverse. Buy a Wii U. And wait on the NX. You need to make sure it doesn't screw up first.

HollyGamer said:

So i have a plan this early years,  to buy Wii U with Xenoblade Cross Chronicles on December,  actually i am interested with a lot of titles like Fatal Frame, Super Mario3D, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Zelda U (coming). But NX is close to announce and Nintendo always have backward compatibility with their consoles. Should i just cancel buying Wii U and wait for NX and buy Wii U but Wait for  price drop at bargain price, Or I buy Wii U now?

Do you have alot of money? If so, buy both. If it's like a thing where you HAVE to choose, then go with their next console. There's no point buying something that's about to de discountinued or have very little to no software made for it by Nintendo. Down the line, when it becomes a classic, sure. But not now.

I always cringe when I see parents buying last generation consoles right before the next generation comes out. It's like, I just want to help them lol

Around the Network
thatguymarco said:
Just wait it out, better to support Nintendo when they fix their shit than when they fail horribly. Assuming that the NX is gonna be a system made by people that have common sense.

Nintendo really hasn't made a console that made "sense" hardware wise since the SNES. Sure, you could argue that they went cheap and put a processor in it that was too slow, which allowed the Genesis to win in the US, but it was still on par or better power wise. The N64 was when things started to get funky and it only got more funky each time after that.

I wouldn't hold my breath. This is what Nintendo does now. All I hope for is a standard controller. lol

NX isn't releasing for along while because we know how long it takes Nintendo to develop games. So atm they have no games ready for a 2016 launch

Small scale production of NX has likely already begun, and mass production will likely start at the begining of FY 2016(spring next year). So it's 99% guaranteed you will know all you have to know about NX by summer next year, and with Wii-U still at $300 i would say wait it out.

i say get one, there's more than enough games out on it that makes it worth it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

It's dependent on your interest. I have a WiiU with like 15 games that I enjoy. My ps4 and Xbone both have like 3 games each. If you like the games, get it. Not everyone has the same interests when it comes to games. Just because the WiiU isn't selling well, does not mean that it is a bad purchase. I am more satisfied with my U than the other two consoles. Do what you want.

Hi