By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying Wii U now, or wait for NX?

Tagged games:

What Should I do

Buy Wii U now 203 42.65%

Wait for NX 125 26.26%

Buy Wii U at bargain price 86 18.07%

Buy Hooker 62 13.03%

Total:476

wait for blackfriday/cybermonday. if the prices are good, BUY. sitting on the toilett playing metroid is worth every last dime.

Around the Network

Unless you're absolutely dying to play some titles, I'd just wait. Although, I don't think the NX will be backwards compatible. Nintendo just can't run Power PC forever.

buy the wiiu for 119,99 dollar next year in april. or never.
big price cut is coming!

You dont even know what an NX is yet.

If it bothers you that much you can wait until E3 to find out what it is.

I've got a bigger problem!Buy 3DS for SMT now or wait for NX

Around the Network

I only had it for monster hunter 3. As soon as 4 was released on 3ds, i sold it. Forget the wiiu, wait until 2017 or 18 and jump on the nx. 

Wiiu is totally useless (for me)

I'd say wait for NX at this point.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

If you've waited this long, I say wait longer. If the NX really is coming out soon, can you imagine how dang cheap Wii U bundles are going to be one or two holidays from now? Retailers are going to be begging everyone to take them.

NX backward compatibility is not certain and we still dont know when will come, in best case at end of next year, and you already have interest in quite number of Wii U games

HollyGamer said:
rolltide101x said:

I am almost 100% sure the next Nintendo console will not be BC with the Wii U.

Do you have a proove for that

Nintendo will have to change the CPU architecture, so unless they still pack a Wii U chip inside the console for backwards compatibility (like early PS3 models did, soon dropped due to price), I doubt there will be any.

Since you have quite some list, I'd say wait for some deal in the christmas season and get one then.

I don't think NX will come out next year anyway, so waiting for that console would probably get too long for you anyway