By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unverified dev guesses: NX might more powerful than PS4/XBONE, based on a PC demo...

Honestly, I don't see the point of making something significantly more powerful than the PS4. It's not likely that third parties will scale up to it, unless the NX somehow captured the lead in market share, which would require it to sell at an absurd pace. They could use it to make Nintendo games look great, but they don't have the budgets for that, and graphics haven't been a selling point for Nintendo for well over a decade.

If the other NX rumors are true as well, Nintendo will crazy powerful chips and a portable console as a controller.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Not likely.

Around the Network

It better fucking be.

JWeinCom said:
Honestly, I don't see the point of making something significantly more powerful than the PS4. It's not likely that third parties will scale up to it, unless the NX somehow captured the lead in market share, which would require it to sell at an absurd pace. They could use it to make Nintendo games look great, but they don't have the budgets for that, and graphics haven't been a selling point for Nintendo for well over a decade.

If the other NX rumors are true as well, Nintendo will crazy powerful chips and a portable console as a controller.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Not likely.

If it's more powerful than the ps4, third parties will start there and work down to ps4/xbone, a plus for the NX. With Nintendo having full knowledge of their own hardware, they could probably whip up one or two blockbusters that can really take up marketshare from the ps4/xbox one, leading to more third party support. Finally, with proper marketing and a loss lead mentality, Nintendo can really make a come back for their image and regain people's fascination (this helps beyond gaming, like when trying to convince people to go to a Nintendo themed theme park, or buying Nintendo merchandise).

All of this assumes a heavy investment in power (not over the top pc setup, but noticeably better than the ps4/xbox one)

people will still try to find reasons to hate on it even if it is true

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

If this is true I'll be buying a nintendo system

Around the Network

Two things wouldn't surprise me with Nintendo's next system. The nx being weaker or equal in power to the new HD twins, because well, they've done it 2 times in a row now.

Next, I wouldn't be surprised if the nx is more powerful than either of them, because, neither of the new HD twins were revolutionary tech wise when they released. They're both underwhelming, so for the nx to be less powerful, would be massively underwhelming.

The PS360, when they came out, we're top of the line technology for the time. The the new ones, nowhere near top of the line.

JWeinCom said:

You gotta remember that Nintendo is gonna try to attract new consumers to buy its product. I mean, the 20 million people who will probably have bought the Wii U by then, will most certainly also buy a NX.  But I assume that Nintendo doesnt wan't just 20m buyers for their next console, so they're gonna go after the tens of millions that decided to opt for one of the other options in the market on this gen.  Now how they do that? well, it is really hard to say but reading the constant fights on forums about resolutions, frames per second, and which console is more powerfull..  I think it is safe to conclude that this generation of gamers have something in common. And that is that they want POWER.

Let's imagine for a second a METROID game with better graphics (and with good multiplayer options) than Destiny and Halo 5. Now that's a game that could attract lots of FPS lovers from the other farms.  And what about an open world Zelda game as big as the Witcher 3?   man...

See, these are the kinds of "experiences" that apparently this generation of gamers want, so I think that's what they should give.  Unless they want to cater only to their current fanbase.  In which case, well..

greenmedic88 said:
Plus the idea that anyone, Nintendo of all companies, would try to sell a Blue and Green (Intel and Nvidia) gaming box at a profit but mass consumer priced seems so ludicrous, that there are far too many nails in this coffin.

Easy money says that the NX will be using an AMD SoC

This piece has nothing to do with Intel and nVidia directly, they are just offered as comparison points. But, as has been said, the dev kit is a software configuration and interface, it only tells you half of the story if that. If they have a dev kit, though, they probably already know target specs and rough hardware alignment. You don't send out dev kits without a word on what it is your trying to get them to run on.

Whether or not they'd speak on such an NDA point, is another matter. I'd be surprised if an actual developer said the things they said here without knowing what it was they were looking at so either completely bullshit or misappropriated bullshit.

Vena said:
greenmedic88 said:
Plus the idea that anyone, Nintendo of all companies, would try to sell a Blue and Green (Intel and Nvidia) gaming box at a profit but mass consumer priced seems so ludicrous, that there are far too many nails in this coffin.

Easy money says that the NX will be using an AMD SoC

This piece has nothing to do with Intel and nVidia directly, they are just offered as comparison points. But, as has been said, the dev kit is a software configuration and interface, it only tells you half of the story if that. If they have a dev kit, though, they probably already know target specs and rough hardware alignment. You don't send out dev kits without a word on what it is your trying to get them to run on.

Whether or not they'd speak on such an NDA point, is another matter. I'd be surprised if an actual developer said the things they said here without knowing what it was they were looking at so either completely bullshit or misappropriated bullshit.

amd has nothing that is as strong as a i7 that doesnt need a nuclear plant to power it...

More NX rumors...... I wonder when nintendo will release actual info about it.