By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Would Be Your Reaction If Sony Announced "True" PS3 Backwards Compatibility?

I'd probably have one already if that was the case. But I also might be one of the few people that really cares about BC I think...

No idea about double standards. Backwards Compability is a plus for me no matter what system it's on.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Zoombael said:

AlfredoTurkey said:
Considering Sony said before the launch of PS3 "BC will continue on forever'... I would consider it par for the course. Sony should have kept their word to begin with. That is one of the things that SOLD the PS2. Sony is the company that made BC popular in modern console gaming.

I think PS4 should have native PS1,PS2 and PS3 BC. Next gen, their console should have native, disc based PS1, PS2,PS3 and PS4 gaming. Just like they promised.

and while they re at it sony should include a personal buttler for every gamer. serving cool beverages and snacks while playing games. always there to be your offline game buddy, cooperative or competitive (who lets you win most of the time no matter how much you suck). who motivates you in times of dark souls and fetches your controller in case it 'accidentally' fell to the ground. not only that, but an allrounder when it comes to fixing your hardware and peripheral.

and all that for the price of just 9.99. for the gamers...

Ken Kutargai "PSone runs on the PlayStation 2 through emulation rather than actual hardware. PlayStation 3 will offer the same compatibility for PS2 software and the format will continue forever."

If they were going to stop doing it, they shouldnt have promised otherwise. Just because you have decided to tolerate it, that doesn't mean you should blame me for being upset about being lied to.

yea. because when one makes pinky promise, one must keep pinky promise. or one hath to go to a very bad place... where all dem bad peoples goes.

Hunting Season is done...

I wouldn't care. I own a PS3.

I'll still ask for remasters.

I would consider buying one.
Although, I'm not sure what you mean by "true" backwards compatibility. If you mean as far as the actual medium and OS, well I don't think Sony would use the resources for it. Nintendo made it easy on themselves with using similar but updated processors. MS has worked some magic with what they are doing and I'm quite sure they have created their own API for running the games which is why they aren't all done at the same time, due to testing and evaluation. I'm just happy they are doing it.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

meh. I really don't care. At all. I still have my PS3 so it would mean I could make an extra $100 or so I guess

I am Iron Man

All it would mean to me is I MIGHT be able to retire my PS3. It would depend on the PS1 and PS2 BC status.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

They should give people the option for PS1-PS3 BC through some kind of limited edition system, and yea i understand it might cost $700. The paid online is still a deal breaker for me, although i might get the PS4 to play offline only at some point.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I'd be very impressed that they were technically able to accomplish that. But I already own a PS3 slim and I see no reason to get rid of it.

With that out of the way, I'm very curious as to the implications for emulating the cell on something like the PS4. As far as I'm aware, the whole GPGPU special sauce in the PS4 has to do with running CPU code on a GPU (which in a sense, is artificially boosting your CPU type functions). The funny thing about that is that GPUs actually run CPU code astonishingly well. I'd like to see some of the research Sonys done on the idea because I'm sure they've looked into it.

I'd flip flop and say BC is a great feature and I'll be using it.

I'd also sell my PS3 lol