By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - An apology to Naughty Dog and Uncharted fans

What? Lol oh my god, that's terrible and hilarious XD

Around the Network

Honestly I trust my own judgement from watching gameplay, and the testimony of friends that play games, a million times more than whatever score some game journalist gives it.

Want to know if you should buy a game? watch a "lets play", or a gameplay video before buying.

midrange said:
kitler53 said:
midrange said:
Wow, some of these replies are insane.

Person makes a mistake, publicly apologizes, and now everyone is claiming that all of journalism is dead. REALLY???

Suddenly this one error by one gaming publication that admits they made a mistake is proof to show metacritic is a bad system?!

people have thought poorly on game journalism for a long time now.  this one massively embarrasing mistake from a "professional" journalist and uncharted "vetran" is just fodder for the "game journalists are dumb as bricks only only write sensentionalist headlines not thoughful content" movement. 

people have been hating on gaming journalism for a long time now, that much is true. I was referring to how this one thread exploded into "gaming journalism is a joke." I thought people would know by now that one instance is not a good indicator of an industry.

It's like looking at superman 64 (made by a "proofessional" developer) and saying "all n64 games were trash, and all professional developers suck."

It's an issue with journalism in general, with the rise of the internet the quality control of content has not only plummeted, but it has also pulled the curtain back revealing that it wasn't all that good to begin with.

they shouldve just claimed it was satire to save themselves embarrassment lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

So much facepalm.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Seriously though, I cannot even fathom how this happened in the first place:

1. Journalist is in line, surrounded by "The Uncharted Collection" posters.
2. Journalist, who claims he's a diehard fan of the series, plays Uncharted 2, yet is convinced it's Uncharted 4.
3. Journalist then has time to sit down and think about what he played and writes it down, noting on how rehashed it feels.
4. Editor reads article and okays it for publishing.

It... it boggles the mind on how this even happened. @_@

Welcome to the modern state of journalism.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Is this a joke? No one can fuck up that bad surely?

HOW ?