By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - An apology to Naughty Dog and Uncharted fans

Man.. Reading the original article I don't know whether to laugh or cringe.

2 options exists. Either he has played the series and just couldn't remember (which would be fair, but very unlikely). This speaks volume as to games quality and graphical fidelity as someone can still be in doubt when playing it so many years after.

The 2nd more likely option is that he hasn't played it and was asked to just create a controversial article using common knowledge like Nolan north being the voice actor to give validity to the reader that he knows what he is talking about. This is just awful if true, but sadly not unheard of these days.

Around the Network

And people wonder why there's an inherent distrust with gaming journalists.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

That is a ginormous, monumental fuck up. I find it hard to believe it isn't some sort of prank or I don't even know! Everybody and their mother has seen the E3 demos and such, and side by side, U4 is leaps and bounds above U2 on a graphical level.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

How do you even make that mistake? You're writing as if you have knowledge of the series considering the article says is "it too formulaic?" Absolutely terrible journalism.

However, at least they had the balls to admit the gloriously bad error.

Wow, some of these replies are insane.

Person makes a mistake, publicly apologizes, and now everyone is claiming that all of journalism is dead. REALLY???

Suddenly this one error by one gaming publication that admits they made a mistake is proof to show metacritic is a bad system?!

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
midrange said:

Person makes a mistake, publicly apologizes, and now everyone is claiming that all of journalism is dead. REALLY???

Suddenly this one error by one gaming publication that admits they made a mistake is proof to show metacritic is a bad system?!

Metacritic was always a bad system and will continue to be a bad system.

you declare that based on this one incident? if so, then I don't know what to say

How can anybody plays Uncharted 2 and mistake it with Uncharted 4 lol?

Unless he never played an Uncharted game.

midrange said:

people have thought poorly on game journalism for a long time now.  this one massively embarrasing mistake from a "professional" journalist and uncharted "vetran" is just fodder for the "game journalists are dumb as bricks only only write sensentionalist headlines not thoughful content" movement. 

kitler53 said:
midrange said:

people have thought poorly on game journalism for a long time now.  this one massively embarrasing mistake from a "professional" journalist and uncharted "vetran" is just fodder for the "game journalists are dumb as bricks only only write sensentionalist headlines not thoughful content" movement. 

people have been hating on gaming journalism for a long time now, that much is true. I was referring to how this one thread exploded into "gaming journalism is a joke." I thought people would know by now that one instance is not a good indicator of an industry.

It's like looking at superman 64 (made by a "proofessional" developer) and saying "all n64 games were trash, and all professional developers suck."

Maybe it's because I've played the game 3 times but even with insanely updated graphics there's no way I would not recognize Uncharted 2. That's one insane fuck up!

Signature goes here!