By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - An apology to Naughty Dog and Uncharted fans

LudicrousSpeed said:

Agreed. I think it's pretty clear they were paid to mistake this as Uncharted 4 just to make the Nathan Drake Collection look all that more impressive. There is absolutely no what whatsoever that you could confuse a last generation Uncharted with what we've seen so far of Uncharted 4.

Well played, VG247. Well played.

I said nothing about them being paid so kindly refrain from trying to paint me into a corner. Crapgamer proves you don't need money to lie.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Agreed. I think it's pretty clear they were paid to mistake this as Uncharted 4 just to make the Nathan Drake Collection look all that more impressive. There is absolutely no what whatsoever that you could confuse a last generation Uncharted with what we've seen so far of Uncharted 4.

Well played, VG247. Well played.

I said nothing about them being paid so kindly refrain from trying to paint me into a corner. Crapgamer proves you don't need money to lie.

But what would they gain from hoping to cause damage?

Axe_to_fall said:

Hits, controversy for more hits. It always makes me chuckle when people pull the whole tin-foil hat argument when anyone suggest some sites are biased or bent. I just do not believe that anyone can be that stupid or that misinformed. It doesn't take stupidity to make this mistake, it takes a learning difficulty.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Axe_to_fall said:

Hits, controversy for more hits. It always makes me chuckle when people pull the whole tin-foil hat argument when anyone suggest some sites are biased or bent. I just do not believe that anyone can be that stupid or that misinformed. It doesn't take stupidity to make this mistake, it takes a learning difficulty.

Well whether or not it was intentional it certainly puts their credibility in question. Wanting attention is a more likely occurance than intentionally being stupid for the sake of bad mouthing the game. 

Above all this is gaming journalism. I'm not expecting a PhD to write gaming news and such but even then this is a pretty blatant mistake to make. It is hard to believe that even a gaming journalist can be that stupid.

Writing articles to a grade 6 level? Well yea, that's a norm I have come to expect. But mistaking a remaster of a 6 year old game (that you played previously) for a brand new one? Two possibilities: creating controversy (which I wouldnt put past them) or just making an honest mistake. I don't think they were intentionally causing damage to UC4's image for the sole purpose of it though.

"hey let's purposely screw up this uncharted thing! Just think of the hits we will get!1"

"well also wreck our credibility, destroy the site, it will take years to recover. uncharted 5 will be out before we'd recover."

"yes but the hits!"

There is a reason people call tin foil hattery on a lot of tin foil hattery.

Around the Network

How do you not know youre playing Uncharted 2 and call yourself an Uncharted veteran ?

DakonBlackblade said:
How do you not know youre playing Uncharted 2 and call yourself an Uncharted veteran ?

War wounds, he's a blind veteran.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
DakonBlackblade said:

War wounds, he's a blind veteran.

Hehe, good one.