By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One price drop to $299?

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:

This is both a dumb idea for MS, and very, very, very unlikely.

Do you honestly think the Xbox One will be less than $200 in 2 years?

The next xbox/playstation system will be out in 2018/2019. The 360/ps3 generation is the last generation to go past the 6 year mark.  Consoles this generation are relatively weak in comparison to ps3/360 when they were released.

They are selling better.

Around the Network

Do you guys really shop in stores like that? It looks like a giant sized container.. Surely there are safety regulations?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

jason1637 said:
Snoopy said:

The next xbox/playstation system will be out in 2018/2019. The 360/ps3 generation is the last generation to go past the 6 year mark.  Consoles this generation are relatively weak in comparison to ps3/360 when they were released.

They are selling better.

It is true the ps4 and xbox one are selling better, but I gurantee you (Microsoft more than likely) will end this generation by 2018 to get a year head start. Sony will either have to follow suit or run the risk of having a year disadvantage which can be deadly (especially for North America). Games will still be release on the xbox one/ps4 for about 6 to 7 years.

If you look closely you can see why. The boxes haven't been moved for so long that the spiders have already started to reclaim their territory in the basement.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Snoopy said:
jason1637 said:

They are selling better.

It is true the ps4 and xbox one are selling better, but I gurantee you (Microsoft more than likely) will end this generation by 2018 to get a year head start. Sony will either have to follow suit or run the risk of having a year disadvantage which can be deadly (especially for North America). Games will still be release on the xbox one/ps4 for about 6 to 7 years.

Maybe just maybe

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
It's probably the crappy 500GB model anyway.

It is. If you zoom in closely, it says 500gb in the bottom left corner. 

it means that their selling it for $299.

Snoopy said:
jason1637 said:

They are selling better.

While it's possible, there is really no evidence to support this claim.

With development costs and time getting longer and longer, shorter generations would hurt development cycles. I see little reason for Sony or MS to throw them off. Especially in a business that is built on software sales.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

While it's possible, there is really no evidence to support this claim.

With development costs and time getting longer and longer, shorter generations would hurt development cycles. I see little reason for Sony or MS to throw them off. Especially in a business that is built on software sales.

Games will still be released on PS4 and Xbox one. The days of huge upgrades between consoles are over. Heck, the difference between PS4/PS3 and Xbox One/Xbox 360 isn't that huge compare to other generations. Just think of it like PC gaming where we upgrade graphics cards every few years. You can still play newer games on your outdated graphics card, it just won't be as good looking and won't run as well. That is also why Microsoft changed the name of the new xbox to xbox one. The next xbox will more than likely be called xbox two to keep things less confusing and it reflects what the iPhone is doing.

Aaahhh, Costco, the best place to get foods in bulk and it's cheaper in the long run too

Proud to be a Californian.