By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Whats going on with Retro???

So they have been working on a game since late 2013 i believe, nearly two years and we havent heard a thing, apart from them advertising job positions quiet a few times, so whats going on?? do you think its going to be a wiiu game still? Seems a bit late to announce a major game for WiiU seen as its looking like 2016 is the U's last year, or will it have been moved to NX as a launch title maybe!!

Around the Network

Retro never reveals info about their games until they're almost ready.

My guess is we'll see their game at next E3.

The most likely thing to believe in the moment is that they're working on two separate projects, or that they simply aren't done with their project yet.

Retro isn't exactly the fastest studio in the world...

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Hopefully they will have a NX-game ready close to the launch of the console, that is not Diddy Kong Racing.

I think the fact that we haven't heard anything from them for this long, tells me one thing.
Whatever it is they're working on, a new DK game, a new Metroid, taking on another Nintendo franchise, or making their own new original IP, whatever it is they're doing.
It'll be either NX launch or Year 1. And they're being hush-hush about it because Nintendo is making them remain hush-hush because they don't want anything said about NX until they say it themselves.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Retro never reveals info about their games until they're almost ready.

My guess is we'll see their game at next E3.

So are you thinking WiiU or NX?? Maybe a Metroid game as a NX launch title.

Thought it was been developed on a new WiiU engine or something or so i read.

It's only been two years. Why would they have something to show so soon. This seems totally silly.

They pissed me off this E3, on Twitter they were creating a ton of hype and at the end they didn´t show anything, wich was the major let down of the whole E3 for me. They were supossed to be working on a whole new engine specially for their next game on WiiU, but now I have serial doubts that we are gonna see any other Retro game on the console, wich makes me sad. At least Tropical Freeze was a masterpiece.

Yes Tropical Freeze is just that, still my favourite game on the system, remember Reggie wearing a Samus badge when they was talking about Tropical Freeze before it was released, think its when they revealed cranky kong as a playable character lol im one of those that was happy we got a new Donkey Kong Country game though!!

At this rate, I'm not expecting anything till NX. :/

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."