By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - £239.99 Wii U Premium Bundle Is Set To Hit Europe

On October 30th Nintendo is releasing a new "Premium" bundle to Europe including digital copies of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon.  

http://www.bidnessetc.com/54472-nintendo-unveils-new-mario-kart-8-and-splatoon-wii-u-bundle-for-europe/

Mario Kart 8 will come pre-installed on the 32GB console and will come with a code to download Splatoon from the eShop.  

I have a feeling this may push a few people in Europe over the edge to finally pick up this console.  Are you getting one?

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

Thats what? 10£ cheaper or so? (with a extra game)
Would be like the Xbox One and PS4 getting a 14-15$ price cut, in the US.

Might push sales a tiny bit, but doubt it ll do anything huge (effect will be tiny imo), with a cut that small.

slab_of_bacon said:

On October 30th Nintendo is releasing a new "Premium" bundle to Europe including digital copies of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon.  

http://www.bidnessetc.com/54472-nintendo-unveils-new-mario-kart-8-and-splatoon-wii-u-bundle-for-europe/

Mario Kart 8 will come pre-installed on the 32GB console and will come with a code to download Splatoon from the eShop.  

I have a feeling this may push a few people in Europe over the edge to finally pick up this console.  Are you getting one?

So £240 for the 32GB-WiiU + a 17 months old game (digital, bound to the hardware) + a 5 months old game (digital code, account-bound)... not that impressive.

I paid £178 for the 32GB-WiiU + Nintendoland (retail version) 20 months ago and bought Mario Kart 8 (retail version) for ~£30 when it was brand new. The MK8-promotion got me Wind Waker HD (digital) for free... and by entering that WindWaker-code I got enough credits ("Wii U deluxe digital promotion") to order the MK8-DLCs for free.

So £208 for the 32GB-WiiU + Nintendoland (retail) + MK8 (retail) + Wind Waker HD (digital) + MK8 DLC Packs 1+2 (digital).

Should be £199 max by now. Doubt this bundle will have any effect. Think I paid about £200 for my premium limited edition Wind Waker bundle about 18 months ago.

JRPGfan said:

Thats what? 10£ cheaper or so? (with a extra game)
Would be like the Xbox One and PS4 getting a 14-15$ price cut, in the US.

Might push sales a tiny bit, but doubt it ll do anything huge (effect will be tiny imo), with a cut that small.

So you're not getting one then?

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

Nintendo don't seem too bothered in pushing the wii u at this point. Seems like they just want to run out existing wii u console stock before NX arrives. No point in selling at a low price if they don't want to pay for a new manufacturing run. With an estimated 12 million made and only just over 10 million sold they should have enough stock to last until NX. There still seems to be stock about of the white wii u and that was the first model they stopped manufacturing ages ago.

This should push some HW sales

Hiku said:
I don't want Splatoon, and I already have Mario Kart 8.
I gave up on the idea of buying a WiiU though, because what it needs is an actual price cut, which is why it's probably not going to get one.

If have no intent in buying a Wii U, why do you have a copy of Mario Kart 8? O__O

They still haven't released a Smash Bundle yet...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Can get a Wii-U 8gb model with Smash 4 here in Smiths for around the €210 mark which makes the console itself around the €160 or £117. There is cheap options available for the wii-u for some time now, but I would think people are cagey about buying a system while waiting on the announcement of its successor. Realistically it isn't a wise investment.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive