By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - £239.99 Wii U Premium Bundle Is Set To Hit Europe

Didnt drop it enough for people to care, retailers are regularly dropping it more than that just to shift stagnant stock.

Around the Network

A pre cut is looooooooong overdue! This tiny saving with digital downloads is a huge disappointment.
170 euro with both games in a physical form would be way better

People saying that it's not a good investment to buy a wii u when there's the NX in the "near" future, what do they think about all the people still buying ps3 and xbox 360? If I'm not mistaken there are like 3000 ps3 being sold every week at least in japan.

What I mean is, if the system has good games people will buy it even if there is a replacement coming (and there is always something else coming). Maybe the problem is that people just don't like Nintendo games anymore which is sad.

Do you really think that a wii u bundle with 2 games for $200 would sell millions? I don't see why $50 more or less would make such a difference. I bought my wii u for 270€ with MK8 and I don't regret it, the system is awesome.

But yeah I also think it lacks so many games. Let's hope with Nx they solve that problem with droughts.

bargain - 10 years form now they will be worth double cause second hand market will be so small.

Instead of increasing the value they should just decrease the price. I would rather get the system cheaper and pick my own games than pay the same for packed in titles

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

Sounds like a good deal. Nintendo should sell 3 or 4 more per week now.

JOKA_ said:
Instead of increasing the value they should just decrease the price. I would rather get the system cheaper and pick my own games than pay the same for packed in titles

Well, Nintendo is too focused on turning profit for each console sold to lower the price much more.  I agree that they should give you more options if you're stuck with digital copies of games.  It's not like you can turn around and sell those.  But those are two great games to have to I would say it could be worse.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Kennel83 said:
People saying that it's not a good investment to buy a wii u when there's the NX in the "near" future, what do they think about all the people still buying ps3 and xbox 360? If I'm not mistaken there are like 3000 ps3 being sold every week at least in japan.

What I mean is, if the system has good games people will buy it even if there is a replacement coming (and there is always something else coming). Maybe the problem is that people just don't like Nintendo games anymore which is sad.

Do you really think that a wii u bundle with 2 games for $200 would sell millions? I don't see why $50 more or less would make such a difference. I bought my wii u for 270€ with MK8 and I don't regret it, the system is awesome.

But yeah I also think it lacks so many games. Let's hope with Nx they solve that problem with droughts.

buying a ps3 over a wii u gives you more games, more future support, and almost as much quality for a lot less money. A wii u bundle with 2 games for $200 is what Nintendo needs to do to not get killed this holiday. A cod ps4 bundle, a star wars ps4 bundle, a fallout xbox bundle, and a halo 5 xbox bundle are all gonna fly off the shelves given how much momentum the ps4 and xbox one already have.

The goal isn't to sell millions of wii u's, the goal is to get people interested in Nintendo, that way when the NX comes out, people will be more open to buying it

slab_of_bacon said:
JRPGfan said:

Thats what? 10£ cheaper or so? (with a extra game)
Would be like the Xbox One and PS4 getting a 14-15$ price cut, in the US.

Might push sales a tiny bit, but doubt it ll do anything huge (effect will be tiny imo), with a cut that small.

So you're not getting one then?

Already have one.

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.