By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You might not know this but... Hideo Kojima made The Phantom Pain

O: No waay, I thought Konami was the sole creator... x )I did hear he plastered his name all over just to remind you who made it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
You guys are complaining, but you're playing more than a game. You're playing a historical social event in the gaming world.
They took his name off of everything, and he retaliated by plastering himself all over the game.

Yeah, the professional thing to do would be to be a good little boy and follow the rules. I prefer a dramatic exit.

Oh yea? I don't recall Neil Druckmann plastering his name all over The Last of Us.

https://youtu.be/BUytlAKC9Rg

Skip to the end for the shocking reveal that The Phantom Pain was indeed a Hideo Kojima game.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I bet he put in those 'episode credits' when Konami first removed his name from all promotional content and the game box. :P

Reactionary hate to the Kojima hype, when this is Kojima's Modus Operandi. Especially when Konami tried to discredit him. How anyone could blame Kojima over Konami is appalling. I typically never scapegoat, but nearly everything wrong with the game was Konami, except for the usual Kojima fare.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
twintail said:
His inability to finish the game annoys me.

He's finished every game he's made so far, its a bit hard to finish a project when the company you work for is actively trying to evict you.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

BraLoD said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Oh yea? I don't recall Neil Druckmann plastering his name all over The Last of Us.

What if his real name is actually Joel?

I can't handle this. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Reactionary hate to the Kojima hype, when this is Kojima's Modus Operandi. Especially when Konami tried to discredit him. How anyone could blame Kojima over Konami is appalling. I typically never scapegoat, but nearly everything wrong with the game was Konami, except for the usual Kojima fare.

Or people are calling Kojima out for being an ass.  Because just cause Konami's an ass doesn't mean Kojima wasn't being an ass as well.  People can 100% fairly call them out for their own assery.

And let's not go romanticizing Kojima, like this is a battle between a righteous martyr and an evil corporation.  I don't like Konami at all, but I'm not going to give Kojima a free ride on some flaws in the game.  Especially those tied to things like characterization as Kojima's hardly the world's greatest writer.  

Nuvendil said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Or people are calling Kojima out for being an ass.  Because just cause Konami's an ass doesn't mean Kojima wasn't being an ass as well.  People can 100% fairly call them out for their own assery.

And let's not go romanticizing Kojima, like this is a battle between a righteous martyr and an evil corporation.  I don't like Konami at all, but I'm not going to give Kojima a free ride on some flaws in the game.  Especially those tied to things like characterization as Kojima's hardly the world's greatest writer.  

I'm not giving Kojima a free ride, but I think its pretty obvious what is and isn't his fault, simply compare MSGV to his previous work.

If you hated the gameplay, the story, the characters, yeah thats obviously Kojima.

If you hated the drastic drop in quality and originality between chapter 1 and 2, the missing or unfinished parts, maybe that had something to do with the publisher? 

And regardless of what happeened between Kojima and Konami, Konami's overt actions regarding MGSV were pretty heinous.

I mean since when was it developers and not publishers who rush out unfinished games to make as much money as possible. Especially, not a developer was going to be axed soon, P.T gave a clear heads up, its not like he would get much of that money if any at all.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nuvendil said:

I'm not giving Kojima a free ride, but I think its pretty obvious what is and isn't his fault, simply compare MSGV to his previous work.

If you hated the gameplay, the story, the characters, yeah thats obviously Kojima.

If you hated the drastic drop in quality and originality between chapter 1 and 2, the missing or unfinished parts, maybe that had something to do with the publisher? 

And regardless of what happeened between Kojima and Konami, Konami's overt actions regarding MGSV were pretty heinous.

I mean since when was it developers and not publishers who rush out unfinished games to make as much money as possible. Especially, not a developer was going to be axed soon, P.T gave a clear heads up, its not like he would get much of that money if any at all.

I don't have any issues with missing parts.  I've not played the game through, I can only go on what I've seen and that's mostly writing and characterization mostly.

But what people are talking about here is just that Kojima has plastered his name everywhere with unnecessary credit sequences.  Given Konami hates Kojima, I think that's Kojima's fault :P

All I was saying is people can call Kojima out without being hypocrites, as you were implying.