By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
riecsou said:

The first half of the month is all PS4. So far PS4 is still leading for the month. But this Halo bundle is now closing in to take the lead. I don't know if the first 2 weeks were enough for the PS4 to already close the "pre order gap". If they did then right now PS4 will be ahead and likely win the month.

But if you look at how the $500 bundle selling so much better than the $350 Xbox One bunble, it is most likely that those are from hardcore fan buying a second Xbx One

Those hardcore fan might go crazy in the next 2 weeks and push more hardware then most of us expected. it is already kind of crazy there are buying a second Xbox One just because it is Halo Limited Edition

Yes, but everything you're saying is an assumption, whilst most people in this thread have been assessing the month based on facts. You assume that there are people buying a second XB1 and then go on to say it's crazy that they're buying a second XB1. You assumed something and then responded with a statement as if your assumption was 100% fact. It's still a 'wait and see' situation but it looks more likely (at the moment) that the PS4 will pip the XB1 for this month. It could change of course but there's no point in debating data we don't currently have. We DO know that the pre-orders for the Halo bundle didn't do as well as the Destiny bundles and we also know that the Halo bundle has been easily outsold this month, until now. Pre-orders are going to be the deciding factor.

I never take my assumption as a 100% fact. What I say is that if the $500 Xbox One is selling so much better and ahead of the those other cheaper Xbox One bundle, then I think that 'most likely' most of those sales are coming from hardcore Halo fan base. I am not stating that has a fact but as something that could explain the current situation

And people have being "assuming" a lot that most people  who wanted Halo have already bought a Xbox One when the bundle was not selling that good. Well if this "assumption" were to be true, then there is high probability that those same people who already bought and Xbox One to play Halo, the most hardcore among them may be getting a second Xbox One. Which would explain why only the Halo Xbox One Bundle is on a noticeable  rise. 4 days ago the Halo bundle was at 40 in the hourly. Today it reached 16, 4 days away from the launch of the console and still 11 days from the launch of the game. The bundle is showing a lot growth in the hourly and as days pass its looking like it is going to get ahead of the PS4 soon .I know still and assumption but this what we do in this thread, looking at the numbers, trending and different assumptions while the month is still yet to end to decide a winner. And before this month started I think most of 'assumed' this was going to be an easy win for the Xbox One.

Around the Network

6 hours since the last update:

#11 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (same)*
#14 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 2)*
#25 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)*
#30 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (up 3)
#48 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 1)
#65 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 3)*
#78 XB1 Forza Bundle (up 6)*
#88 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (up 12)
#90 XB1 Madden Bundle (down 7)*
#98 XB1 Gears (re-entry)

*Affects this month

PS4 6 Bundles, 6 in the top 100
XB1 9 Bundles, 4 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
Halo bundle still on the rise, at #14.

It's not enough though. Having 1 nundle at the top with several PS4 nundles close behind isn't going to offset the first half of the month when the PS4 had 3 nundles at the top and XB1 nundles were mid charts or lower. And it's still being beaten by the TLOUR nundle. If Sony restock the Destiny nundles and let's say add Driveclub to the TLOUR nundle and the Nathan Drake nundle then it's almost certainly going to go to the PS4. Anyway, that's enough of the 'nundles', back to Bundles.

The PS5 Exists. 

nanzano said:

Just as reminder LIMITED EDITION are really bad when it comes to sale tracking on amazon , like last year titanfall's in the us or 3ds/ ps vita LE bundles on amazon japan, same situation in amazon EU. LE Bundle need to be highly ranked or sold out for a period  to be consider as good selling. So even beeing in the top 10 for the remaining 4 days I don't thing that this LE will be 100k+ alone in the US. Last year AC XB1 bundle was standard bundle which was selling extremely well in local retailer. The LE Halo bundle isn't apparently doing well in local retailer. Microsoft is targeting the core Halo fan with this bundle and reading halo fan comments on internet some are "rebuying" an Xbox 1 to get this 1Tb LE. What we should realy take into account are the standard bundle, what they will do in the comming days until the end of the month. They are corrently not doing well but some of you are expecting fire sale at halo launch, I recall only Black F. and price cut are able to generate this kind of sale in a short periode, so most of halo fan probably already having an XB1, it will be quite hard to achieve .

BTW I can definitly eat popcorn while reading comments in this thread XD, so much hype!  

during Aug it was sold out for like a week

BraLoD said:
Halo bundle still on the rise, at #14.

when i checked 20mins ago it was 16

Around the Network

Come on Halo bundle... You can do it.

Hiku said:

It says In Stock when I check: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-500GB-Console-Destiny-Limited-4/dp/B012UGC9F0/ref=zg_bsar_videogames_26

Those are sales for other retailers through Amazon.

The PS5 Exists. 

Hiku said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Hiku said:

It says In Stock when I check: http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-500GB-Console-Destiny-Limited-4/dp/B012UGC9F0/ref=zg_bsar_videogames_26

Those are sales for other retailers through Amazon.

Ah, I thought it might be at first, but I got there from clicking on the Destiny bundle on the top 100 list. So I checked the other PS4 bundles, and I saw no link to a Destiny bundle from there. Was it never there, or was it removed when the Destiny bundle went out of stock? Because I thought I remembered some PS4 bundle going out of stock before, but there still being a link to it among the other Amazon sold PS4 bundles.

Looks like Amazon have completely removed the back order option for this bundle now. There isn't a $399 sku sold directly by Amazon available now. So Amazon seems to have given up trying to re-stock it for themselves and are just 3rd partying it now.

TLOUR bundle up 1 to 10 now so it is still just keeping Halo 5 at bay.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BraLoD said:
#10 PS4 TLOUR
#14 XBO Halo
#24 PS4 NDC
#32 PS4 Battlefront LE
#45 PS4 COD
#69 XBO Forza
#73 PS4 Destiny
#89 XBO Gears
#91 XBO Madden
#94 PS4 Battlefront

Forza and Gears creepin

Halo bundle moved into the teens as expected right before it releases.It should go into the top 10 by the day it launches and fall back down after release.It will be the same as all the other bundles.