By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

So tzhe current numbers telll the ps4 is leading?

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Yes. The first half of the month we had 2 to 3 PS4 bundles in the top 20 and the Halo bundle was mid charts (lower to begin with), versus the second half of the month in which the Halo bundle has been jousting with the TLOUR bundle with 2 PS4 bundles just below these. It's more than weighted in PS4s favour BUT we have the preorders to take into consideration and although they didn't do as well as the Destiny preorders, they could just make it a close call. I still think that the XB1 needs more than 1 bundle in the top 20 though and of course it needs to stay ahead of the TLOUR bundle for the remainder of the month. It's currenty 1 behind and looks as if it will overtake at some point today.

There are 5 PS4 bundles in the top 100 in the monthly charts and only 1 XB1 bundle in the top 100, which is Halo. That's how one sided this month has been so far. And out of those bundles, 3 PS4 bundles are above the Halo bundle.

The PS5 Exists. 

Hiku said:
A_C_E said:

MS is doing it right I think by giving the hardcore Halo gamers a product which caters to them at a premium price. This should slightly help their Xbox division turn profits.

I think more people would have prefered a lower price without the figure.
Also, I think they're making a mistake by not releasing a standard Halo 5 bundle.

I think we'll see a standard XBO Halo 5 bundle for black friday.

Madword said:
I wonder why people get so excited by hourly sometimes... it's good over a long period of time but it's not the be all and end all.

The way I see it is that in the monthly's PS4 is ahead. In the hourly XBO Halo edition is moving up the charts (to be expected) but it's still below TLOU bundle, which means at this point in time HALO is still selling less than the PS4, so the PS4 gap is still growing. The Halo edition has to get past TLOU edition and start to close the monthly gap before any of this (amazon wise) makes any difference.

Yes thats what makes it fun.

Checking to see how well Halo sells.. will it beat TLOU bundle ever? if it doesnt theres just no way Xbox one wins this month in sales.

17 days into the month and it looks like the Xbox one is handly loseing this month in terms of sales.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Abun said:
Halo bundle moved into the teens as expected right before it releases.It should go into the top 10 by the day it launches and fall back down after release.It will be the same as all the other bundles.

Most likely. Although being halo, I was expecting it to make the top 10 last week. But at least it's performing well enough now. It'll also be interesting to compare its sales numbers to last year's ps4 destiny sale numbers of 538k. But going by abdiel, it doesn't compare to its pre orders. 

Either halo has lost some of its appeal over the years or $500 is more than most ppl are willing to pay. Or both. 

I think its releasing on a much smaller userbase

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Based on the monthly charts, definitely:

#23 PS4 The Last of Us Remastered bundle (up 3, overtakes the PS4 Limited Edition Destiny bundle)
#26 PS4 Limited Edition Destiny bundle  (down 2, overtaken by the PS4 The Last of Us Remastered bundle)
#30 PS4 Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront bundle (down 1)*
#36 XB1 Limited Edition Halo 5 bundle (no movement)
#40 PS4 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle (up 9)
#61 PS4 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 bundle (no movement)*

*Doesn't count towards October NPD

2 PS4 SKUs above the highest XB1 SKU, but the Halo 5 bundle obviously has a lot of pre-orders from previous months ever since it was announced. The PS4 Uncharted bundle is also shooting up the charts, 3 days ago it was at #57.

Teeqoz said:
Hiku said:
A_C_E said:

MS is doing it right I think by giving the hardcore Halo gamers a product which caters to them at a premium price. This should slightly help their Xbox division turn profits.

I think more people would have prefered a lower price without the figure.
Also, I think they're making a mistake by not releasing a standard Halo 5 bundle.

If i dont ill get pissed

jason1637 said:
Teeqoz said:

If i dont ill get pissed

why would it piss you off? I'm sure you have your xbone and halo 5 on preorder, how would a lack of standard halo bundle affect you?

X1Gates said:
jason1637 said:

If i dont ill get pissed

why would it piss you off? I'm sure you have your xbone and halo 5 on preorder, how would a lack of standard halo bundle affect you?

I got the halo 5 bundle pre ordered but ti got canned. I was thinkign about the gears but decided not to. Im most likely gonna get fallout. But if they bring a halo standard ill get that,

I figured halo wouldn't be as popular as it used to be. It's the fifth iteration people get tired of these things eventually. I loved gears and got a 360 just to play that and mass effect. I'm done with gears though now and could care less if I ever play it again.