By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Seems the Destiny bundle is in stock only at BB through online. It's not available at most stores in my area. Sony should of kept stock full throughout October to combat potential Halo 5 purchasers. At $350 it could of done even better.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

It was the best selling bundles for that month with the next X1 coming in at #40. NPD October had the X1 at 200k. So if its at 200k with the highest console at #40, the Halo bundle must be around 60-80k preorders? September is a no show though so what do you think, 70-90k preorders going into October? Or does that seem to high?

Not sure how you're coming up with those numbers. Is 60-80k the percentage of what Amazon sells? Because I thought when it comes to pre-orders themselves the % would be higher online than if it was out and on sale. But I'm just speculating.

It's a complete guess. Trying to get a figure which is very hard as we only know NPD . Just trying to make a rough guess using the Amazon rankings but we have little to go on.

The Halo bundle outranked Until Dawn that month which sold 90k NPD. Rare Replay outranked the Halo bundle which sold 109k NPD. From that we get around 100k. But like you pointed, I believe most pre-orders come online so that figure will be lower. So that's why I said 60-80k-ish. September was a no show so another 10k maybe? Couple that with it out ranking all other X1 bundles. NPD had X1 at 200k for August so the bundles at #24, the preorders must be a good amount.

This is a wild stab in the dark. A very wild stab in the dark but just throwing it out there to see what other people think.

The October battle is interesting but the November battle will be amazing. Sony has such a strong lead that Microsoft HAS to respond.

CosmicSex said:
The October battle is interesting but the November battle will be amazing. Sony has such a strong lead that Microsoft HAS to respond.

I still haven't got a difinitive position on how things will go. All I can say with assurity is MS are not going to close the gap by 700k in the US this year.

The PS5 Exists. 

jlmurph2 said:

You're overlooking the fact that the Halo bundle has been building up pre-orders since August 5th (#24 for that month). So what do you think happens for NPD when it actually counts on release and 2 and a half month's worth of sales happen on one day?

However, the Halo bundle failed to finish in the Top 100 in September. In contrast, the Batman bundle was in the Top 100 for both April and May.

In addition, Abdiel mentioned on GAF that Halo bundle preorders are not as high as the Destiny bundle (2014) preorders. Amazon appears to echo his assessment since again, the Halo bundle was not in the Top 100 for September.

Overall, I think Halo 5 will have a very, verrry high attachment rate.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

I still haven't got a difinitive position on how things will go. All I can say with assurity is MS are not going to close the gap by 700k in the US this year.

Then Sony wins.  A gap smaller then last years holiday run ensures Sony will remain the leader in the US.  And we all uderstand  that.  Uncharted drops in March but by then it wont matter.   So Microsoft must respond or things will get boring really quick. 

X1 at 24 it might make it into the 10s.

On Best Buy xbox one halo is the top bundle

Aura7541 said:
jlmurph2 said:

You're overlooking the fact that the Halo bundle has been building up pre-orders since August 5th (#24 for that month). So what do you think happens for NPD when it actually counts on release and 2 and a half month's worth of sales happen on one day?

However, the Halo bundle failed to finish in the Top 100 in September. In contrast, the Batman bundle was in the Top 100 for both April and May.

In addition, Abdiel mentioned on GAF that Halo bundle preorders are not as high as the Destiny bundle (2014) preorders. Amazon appears to echo his assessment since again, the Halo bundle was not in the Top 100 for September.

Overall, I think Halo 5 will have a very, verrry high attachment rate.

This the point that I was making about people bringing up pre orders.

jason1637 said:
X1 at 24 it might make it into the 10s.

This is their last chance to change anything, halo is there biggest system seller. If halo doesnt do it nothing will.
as long as the gap is small sony wins, then next year the gap continues to grow as usual.