By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

jason1637 said:
X1 at 24 it might make it into the 10s.

Looking at the monthly ranking, the Halo 5 bundle for X1 is at #36.

Still behinde 3 PS4 bundles ahead of it.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

Plus the PS4 bundles are currently being bought,not pre ordered.How do you see BB monthly?

Abun said:
JRPGfan said:

Plus the PS4 bundles are currently being bought,not pre ordered.How do you see BB monthly?

Oh... best buy.. not sure about that one.

Ok the Halo bundle of course is the top pre ordered console at BB,but the NDC is the top selling console with the Destiny bundle behind it.

It's going to all come down to preorders this month. I still think the PS4 edges it IF the charts don't change over the last half of the month. Remember, it only took ONE bundle/console to be ahead for Amazon to be correct and it looks like there could be at least two bundles ahead of the Halo bundle this month. The question is, can preorders make up for being in third place?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Last update 4 hours ago:

#11 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (up 1)*
#24 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 1)*
#26 XB1 Halo Bundle (same)*
#34 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 1)
#49 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 5)
#59 PS4 Destiny Bundle (down 8)*
#78 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 3)*
#87 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 8)*

*Affect this month

PS4 - 6 bundles 5 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles 3 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

Uncharted bundle above again.

jlmurph2 said:
Abun said:
poklane said:

Monthly update:

#24 PS4 Limited Edition Destiny bundle (down 2)
#26 PS4 The Last of Us Remastered bundle (no movement)
#29 PS4 Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront bundle (no movement)*
#36 XB1 Limited Edition Halo 5 bundle (up 1)
#49 PS4 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle (up 3)
#61 PS4 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 bundle (up 3)*

*Doesn't count towards October NPD

The Uncharted bundle has also overtaken the Halo 5 bundle again on the hourlies, it looks like the sales of those 2 bundles are pretty much identical on Amazon.

Halo 5 bundle is not even dualing with the top PS4 bundle.As I said,the Destiny bundle will be a slaughter once it is restocked.The wait will only increase demand.

You're overlooking the fact that the Halo bundle has been building up pre-orders since August 5th (#24 for that month). So what do you think happens for NPD when it actually counts on release and 2 and a half month's worth of sales happen on one day?

Taking that into account I still think the Halo 5 bundle needs to end the month close to or in the top 20 for the pre-orders to put Xb one over the top. So things are moving in the right direction there, but having spent half the month outside the top 30 there's a lot of work needed to get to that top 20 position. 

Either that, or a few of the other bundles announced early this month need to suddently shoot into the top 50 monthly, but that seems unlikely.

Right now, we have PS4 outselling the Halo 5 pre-orders by at least 2:1 on a reasonably frequent basis. I would say that on average, since the PS4 price cut the sales difference has been 2:1 between (TLOUR Bundle + NDC Bundle) vs Halo 5 bundle. Seems like it will be a tight month and though I think Xb one is still most likely to be number 1 the difference will not be all that much. Within 50K I would guess.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

jason1637 said:

It may jump into the 10s in the hourlies, but it's the monthly that matters, and it won't make the 10s in the monthly chart, unless it hits the top 3 for a few days at least.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The details on Amazon for the Destiny Bundle confuses me. It says there's a newer version in stock, which shows an image of the NDC bundle. Normally that means Amazon is no longer stocking that product. Then in the list of various new Destiny bundles sold through Amazon they still have the direct from Amazon option listed with a yet again revised re-stock date of 23 October.

Will they or won't they re-stock with Destiny bundles? Seems a bit unlikely to me. If they have had to push the re-stock date back by more than 10 days (originally they were re-stocking on the 12th) it seems like Sony has Amazon on a low priority for Destiny bundles and the likelihood is that Sony will run out of Destiny bundles before they can supply any to Amazon. And constantly pushing back the re-stock date probably means no one is willing to back order the bundle with Amazon any more.

Jimi Hendrix