By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

binary solo said:
The details on Amazon for the Destiny Bundle confuses me. It says there's a newer version in stock, which shows an image of the NDC bundle. Normally that means Amazon is no longer stocking that product. Then in the list of various new Destiny bundles sold through Amazon they still have the direct from Amazon option listed with a yet again revised re-stock date of 23 October.

Will they or won't they re-stock with Destiny bundles? Seems a bit unlikely to me. If they have had to push the re-stock date back by more than 10 days (originally they were re-stocking on the 12th) it seems like Sony has Amazon on a low priority for Destiny bundles and the likelihood is that Sony will run out of Destiny bundles before they can supply any to Amazon. And constantly pushing back the re-stock date probably means no one is willing to back order the bundle with Amazon any more.

That's been going on for a while now and it's been confusing me. I wonder if they're simply speaking for the retailer they're selling it for? Perhaps Sony don't want to restock the Destiny bundle on Amazon because they want to make sure they shift stock of bundles that haven't done as well ... the Nathan Drake bundle for instance.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

It's going to all come down to preorders this month. I still think the PS4 edges it IF the charts don't change over the last half of the month. Remember, it only took ONE bundle/console to be ahead for Amazon to be correct and it looks like there could be at least two bundles ahead of the Halo bundle this month. The question is, can preorders make up for being in third place?

Not sure how much of an impact this will ultimately have on day one game sales, let alone console sales that same day (especially given the actual Halo bundle releases a week earlier,) but thought it worth mentioning that Microsoft appears to be going full-hype mode for launch day, with planned livestreaming festivities to be taking place for six full hours leading up to the midnight launch, including documentaries on the fanbase, an episode from an animated Halo prequel series, interviews with the developers and cast, some other really random stuff like a Master Chief helmet made out of 30,000 Swarovski crystals, etc. In Sydney, not making this up, they're going to have one fan playing Halo 5 in a helicopter flying over the city, with the footage from his playthrough demonstrated on a screen being hung from a second helicopter.

Maybe I just haven't been paying much attention, but I don't remember seeing this much pre-release festivityness for anything short of a console launch. o_o

Anyway, it's possible we'll see an even sharper Day One uptick than is typical for game launches as a result, given the sheer amount of hype being poured into it. Whether it plus pre-orders is enough to win the month is still a matter for debate, though.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Zanten said:

Not sure how much of an impact this will ultimately have on day one game sales, let alone console sales that same day (especially given the actual Halo bundle releases a week earlier,) but thought it worth mentioning that Microsoft appears to be going full-hype mode for launch day, with planned livestreaming festivities to be taking place for six full hours leading up to the midnight launch, including documentaries on the fanbase, an episode from an animated Halo prequel series, interviews with the developers and cast, some other really random stuff like a Master Chief helmet made out of 30,000 Swarovski crystals, etc. In Sydney, not making this up, they're going to have one fan playing Halo 5 in a helicopter flying over the city, with the footage from his playthrough demonstrated on a screen being hung from a second helicopter.

Maybe I just haven't been paying much attention, but I don't remember seeing this much pre-release festivityness for anything short of a console launch. o_o

Anyway, it's possible we'll see an even sharper Day One uptick than is typical for game launches as a result, given the sheer amount of hype being poured into it. Whether it plus pre-orders is enough to win the month is still a matter for debate, though.

It'll will definitely have a huge impact but then again, Sony have PGW and who knows what they'll announce there.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Zanten said:

It'll will definitely have a huge impact but then again, Sony have PGW and who knows what they'll announce there.

Aye, true. I'm quite looking forward to the conference, as the price drop's timing suggests Sony's looking to get more aggressive; have high hopes that it will translate to them pulling out all the conceivable stops during PGW, though at the same time they're probably still thinking of saving some things for the Playstation Experience at the end of the year. Either way, fingers crossed for No Man's Sky release date! #believe

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Zanten said:

Aye, true. I'm quite looking forward to the conference, as the price drop's timing suggests Sony's looking to get more aggressive; have high hopes that it will translate to them pulling out all the conceivable stops during PGW, though at the same time they're probably still thinking of saving some things for the Playstation Experience at the end of the year. Either way, fingers crossed for No Man's Sky release date! #believe

PSX is a celebration of now and a look into the future, so I don't really think Sony need to hold anything back that would ordinarily be at your typical games show.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

The Last of Us bundle up to number 10.I remember when people said that Sony should not have ported it and said that it would not sell consoles lol.TLoU has sold more consoles than any XboxOne exclusive thus far and may do the same this month above Halo 5.It is incredible that a last generation game can still be so popular outside of GTA5 and drive sales as if it is brand new.This is where Sony is flexing their muscles.They believed in that game as well as the Uncharted franchise to be strong enough to sell PS4s while ND works on U4 and their other devs take their time on their games.Just imagine when U4 does release as well as other games like TLG,GT7,Horizon ZD and TLou2.It will be a slaughter ...hell i won't even be fair.

Last update 3 hours ago:

#10 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (up 1)*
#22 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (up 2)*
#24 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 2)*
#35 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 1)
#48 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 1)
#58 PS4 Destiny Bundle (up 1)*
#82 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 4)*
#83 XB1 Madden Bundle (up 4)*

*Affect this month

PS4 - 6 bundles, 5 in the top 100
XB1 - 9 bundles, 3 in the top 100

The PS5 Exists. 

You know if you actually weigh the bundles you should get a clear idea of how the bundles are selling. If you think about like this, position #one means that it sold 100 an hour while position #100 is selling 1 per hour. Of course that's just a random estimate.

Let's say position #1 is worth 100 points while position #100 is worth 1 point.

PS4 Bundles
#10 TLOUR - 91 points
#22 UC Bundle - 79
#35 SW Bundle - 66
#48 CoD Bundle - 53
#58 Destiny Bundle - 43

Xbox Bundles
#24 H5 Bundle - 77
#82 Forza6 Bundle - 19
#83 Madden Bundle - 18

PS4 - 332 points
XBO - 114 points

PS4 is selling 2.9 times more than the Xbox.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Protendo said:

Well they did advertise it would only be available for a limited time everywhere.  I never said limited edition, just limited. Microsoft's definition of limited, is different than mine.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/assassins-creed-unity

I'm pretty sure they were talking about the price, like how it was $350 for a limited time,the name of the bundle doesn't have limited in it like the other bundles do.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/halo-5-guardians

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/1tb-forza-6

Offer is available while supplies last.... Were debating over semantics here.

That being said, the Halo boost is not as much as I expected.  I'm going to lose my bet.  

BraLoD said:
Also, Fallout sales are going to be huge.

AC:S on the other hand...

Yeah, Fallout has been killing it on the charts, since the announcement. As for AC, I think people are just getting tired of the broken shit they keep releasing.