By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is "Agent" on the way?

Yes. Agent 47 is on the way in the new Hitman game.

Around the Network

I can't believe someone said they didn't think Agent would be a Sony exclusive, if it is in fact still coming at all. Really? It was going to be a PS3 exclusive at a time when the platform was behind its competition, and wasn't looking great at all. Now, it would obviously be a PS4 game, and the PS4 is the fastest selling console of all time, and has sold a solid ten million more units than its closest competition. Hell, it's sold more than the Xbox One and Wii U combined. There would never be a better time to be a Sony exclusive.

DeadnBuried said:
Now, it would obviously be a PS4 game, and the PS4 is the fastest selling PLAYSTATION  console of all time.

Correction, fastest selling PlayStation console of all time.

Don't do this, people where already accepting it, you're going to restart the grief cycle.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

d21lewis said:
Yes. Agent 47 is on the way in the new Hitman game.

I love Hitman, one of the most unique and clever games ever made 2 especially. We can only hope that if Agent is a thing, that it can innovate in such a meaningful way.

Around the Network

I think something very similar to Agent is on the way, but it wont be what we first "saw" in 2009.

Its been so long, it must have been in development hell. Game will be completely different to what they described, a cold-war spy videogame.

DeadnBuried said:
I can't believe someone said they didn't think Agent would be a Sony exclusive, if it is in fact still coming at all. Really? It was going to be a PS3 exclusive at a time when the platform was behind its competition, and wasn't looking great at all. Now, it would obviously be a PS4 game, and the PS4 is the fastest selling console of all time, and has sold a solid ten million more units than its closest competition. Hell, it's sold more than the Xbox One and Wii U combined. There would never be a better time to be a Sony exclusive.

I really didn't want to address this issue in this thread. First we have to see if the game is actually coming. Then exclusivity is after that.

Sony might let go of full exclusivity if it benefitted developer relations .... if you are familiar with Shahid Kamal's "Doing things right vs doing the right thing".

But it would almost certainly have marketing with sony.

Carl2291 said:
I think something very similar to Agent is on the way, but it wont be what we first "saw" in 2009.

Its been so long, it must have been in development hell. Game will be completely different to what they described, a cold-war spy videogame.

what we "saw" was this:

they could release just about anything under that title and be consistent with what we know about the title.

kitler53 said:
Carl2291 said:

what we "saw" was this:

they could release just about anything under that title and be consistent with what we know about the title.

Hold on now, I can confirm there will be stairs...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_(video_game)#/media/File:Agent-leak.jpg

It will also be set in the 60s and 70s era. 

shikamaru317 said:
kitler53 said:

what we "saw" was this:

There was also this:

that was an official release?  my bad then,.. i thought we only got leaks.