By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is "Agent" on the way?

funkateer2 said:
Bryank75 said:

Yeah, GTA4 was meant to be a full PS3 exclusive. MS paid the over 75 million to make it multiplatform and get the dlc first.....

Sony then (probably not too happy at this point) said that they have to do something else so. R* came up with a zombie game but then saw Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising, sensing the market was being saturated, they started concepts for Agent. 

I don't believe the debt has been paid in any meaningful way. Although relations are on very strong footing between the two. 

That 75 million is a bit in the realm of rumour, although I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

But then again, you've gotta ask yourself: was that a good thing or a bad thing? Probably a bit of both, imho.

Going for PS3 exclusivity for GTA4 would have been a huge missed opportunity for R*. It obviously wouldn't have been good for 360 gamers too. So in that sense, I think it's good GTA4 became multiplatform.

But of course that goes both ways as the DLC exclusivity wasn't exactly a good thing for the gaming community either.

I'm just not a great fan of money-hatted 3rd party exclusivity as it serves no other purpose than corporate interests.

Agreed, it is the type of thing that only escalates and leaves gamers losing out on all sides. Where does it stop? AAA games? Middleware companies? Chip makers? It is getting out of hand.