By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is "Agent" on the way?

This is my first thread and will be a simple question;

Do you think "Agent" (from Rockstar) is still on the way? 

It was first announced in 2009 and fell completely silent sometime after. The trademark was renewed last year and TakeTwo said the game was still in development. Rockstar Toronto was discovered to be hiring for people with knowledge of A-synchronous stealth gameplay. Other roles included ones for open-environment destructablity etc.

There was also an easter egg in GTAV, when driving an Aston Martin-like car the license plate spells "Agent". 

Are these coincidences too convenient?

Was this what R* was showing behind closed doors at Gamescon?

Around the Network

No, I don't think it's still alive and I don't think R* will be making a new IP again.

all signs point to yes.

Lawlight said:
No, I don't think it's still alive and I don't think R* will be making a new IP again.

so which of R*'s existing IP will be featuring "A-synchronous stealth gameplay"?

To feed your speculations:

Rockstar is hiring a Gameply Designer with qualifications that include:

"Advanced physical and digital prototyping skills to establish the pillars of the asymmetrical cooperative stealth experience required."

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=208686&page=1

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:

This is my first thread and will be a simple question;

Do you think "Agent" (from Rockstar) is still on the way? 

It was first announced in 2009 and fell completely silent sometime after. The trademark was renewed last year and TakeTwo said the game was still in development. Rockstar Toronto was discovered to be hiring for people with knowledge of A-synchronous stealth gameplay. Other roles included ones for open-environment destructablity etc.

There was also an easter egg in GTAV, when driving an Aston Martin-like car the license plate spells "Agent". 

Are these coincidences too convenient?

Was this what R* was showing behind closed doors at Gamescon?

Maybe.

But if the game is still a reality, i dont think that it will be Exclusive to Playstation like they said IMO.

An Aston Martin and plates are agent.

Most plausible Easter egg ever.

Yeah, I am purposely leaving out the exclusivity stuff... do't want it to turn into console wars thread. We have many of those already.

But I understand your point.

In a year with FF VII remake and TLG being announced (or reannounced...) I wouldn't write it off as impossible...

I'd like it to happen.