By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: Syrian refugees may be terrorist army in disguise, I'll force them out of the US

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Too many assholes to respond to at once, this is why I hate Politics Discussion. The ignorance is astounding. The Level of which it is touted and defended like a dung beetle taking pride his pile of crap (no offense to the dung beetles. at least they are tolerable).

Its insane, how people say oh religious people are intolerant, or they are whats wrong with the world, some of whom are the very people saying these racist things as though its common. At least internet trolls, have the decency to remain anonymous, have you no shame?

And here I am, a gun toting Texan christian , sitting here reading this garbage, and I'm just like wow, wow wow wow.

I can barely comprehend the sheer magnitude of the idiocy and insanity... Children shouldn't be allowed in this Subforum.

If you can't have a debate without refering to others with differing opinions as assholes and using the left's strawman race/intolerant card, I suggest you stay out of the debate.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

For the record, those who genuinely want to have a better life should be allowed to immigrate to western Europe. However, you can't just assume that all migrants = Syrian refugees or immigrants aspiring for better lives. When you indiscrimminately trust everyone, well... the results aren't pretty at all...

Don't get me wrong, I really want everyone to live peacefully together regardless of their religious background, but I cannot condone the behavior that is shown in these videos.

You're kidding right? Let's just let everyone that wants a better life in to Europe. Great idea.

BTW people do NOT have the right to a better life. If they want one they need to get one in their own countries or die trying. Better life in Europe didn't come out of nowhere - it was cultivated. Now migrants want to leech off it and ruin it for everyone.

contestgamer said:
Aura7541 said:

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

For the record, those who genuinely want to have a better life should be allowed to immigrate to western Europe. However, you can't just assume that all migrants = Syrian refugees or immigrants aspiring for better lives. When you indiscrimminately trust everyone, well... the results aren't pretty at all...

Don't get me wrong, I really want everyone to live peacefully together regardless of their religious background, but I cannot condone the behavior that is shown in these videos.

You're kidding right? Let's just let everyone that wants a better life in to Europe. Great idea.

BTW people do NOT have the right to a better life. If they want one they need to get one in their own countries or die trying. Better life in Europe didn't come out of nowhere - it was cultivated. Now migrants want to leech off it and ruin it for everyone.

I simply cannot believe there are people like you who think this way.  I am at a loss for words.

fireburn95 said:
NightDragon83 said:
fireburn95 said:
Considering they are migrating as a result of things america and some of eu did a few years back, they deserve to be homed by the ones that caused their countries demise. Why should people be forced to fight a victoriless war??

I must've missed the part where the US and its European allies bombed and invaded Syria.

On the other hand, the whole "Arab Spring" thing that was backed by Obama and Hillary and saw the destabilization and further radicalization of several Middle Eastern nations like Libya, Egypt and... surprise surprise... Syria back in 2011, is another matter entirely.

I didn't say anything about bombing Syria. But ISIS only rose from the decapacitation of their leader, Saddam. Saddam was a necessary evil who controlled his extremist armies. They invaded Iraq, killed many people including civilians, never found this so called nuclear weapon, then left.

What did they leave behind? A boatload of weapons, and some very angry extremists. If someone punched you in the face, i'm sure you would hold resentment to them, probably want to punch them back, or kick them harder.

As for Assad, he was democratically elected. He's a bad man no doubt, but when you're living with a bad man on one side, and extremist terrorists on the other, and you're stuck in the middle of a 4-way war, all nothing to do with you, what else do you expect but people fleeing that war.

Let's not blame this all on the Western World, shall we?  The truth is, which most people don't want to accept, is there is a VERY large extremist population within the Muslim world.  One that wants others of different faiths dead or as slaves.  No amount of money, gifts, or persuasion will convince them of stopping that goal.  And no, they do not have a right to be that angry, no matter what weak excuses some make for them.  And they will use anything they see as injustice, even a reactive blow from one of their own attacks, to cry foul and gain more support/sympathy.  Unfortunately, there are not enough reformers within the religion to butt heads against the extremists and/or change the hearts of those who may not join in on the violence, but do sympathize with the terrorists. 

Now, having said that, I do agree that the dictators in those regions were a necessary evil to keep them under control.  I think that's why we originally backed them to begin with.  And I have heard that Christians in the area actually liked Assad because he kept the radicals out of their hair, for the most part.  Sadly, our current President has a real soft spot for Muslims.  Now, that wouldn't be a bad thing if it were just for the reformers within the religion.  Unfortunately, that soft spot includes the more extreme groups of the religion, too, who he sees as having a legitimate reason behind their anger.  That's why he supported the Arab Spring and wanted ALL the dictators in the region gone or dead.  Even the ones who weren't posing any kind of threat to us and kept the radicals at bay.  That's also why he's only half-assedly trying to stop ISIS in Syria, barely bombing them, and instead focusing on turning people against Assad.

JWeinCom said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I'm commenting on how generalizations, like power levels, are bullshit. I also say I'm Christian not to use the victim(persecution) card, I'm black so that one is far more effective, its rather a direct response to some of the claims in this thread that the religious and specifically the muslims can't live in a democratic society. My Grandmother and basically half of the Nigerian Community I know in Houston is Muslims and the other half is Christian.

There is precisely one person in this thread who said religious people in general can't live in a democratic society.  As for the people who are saying that muslims cannot integrate into society, what is their religious background?  I'm usually involved in the threads that are against religion, and I haven't seen them posting there.  Can you back up the claim that the people saying Muslims can't integrate into society are the same ones saying that religious people are what's wrong with the world?  Because, if you cannot, then you are making a generalization about atheists and secularists that I resent.

You are making a lot of assumptions here.

I never commented on the religious background of those who said muslims cannot integrate into society, b/c its irrelevant.

I also never said that those saying muslims can't integrate into society are the same people saying whats religious people are whats wrong with this world. Rather, I'm pointing out that the bigotry isn't tied to religious intolerance, or any cultural or religious group at all, and using this thread as an example.

So no, I am not making generalizations about atheists or secularists, I never mentioned them, never brought them into the discussion, I didn't even consider them, you did. 

And I'm not responding to the one person talking about religious people can't live in a democratic society, I'm talking about everyone who shares that similar anti-muslim, racist, and or xenophobic sentiment i.e us vs them. Notice how I am describing on their own "qualities" group of people, but I am not making baseless generalizations about them like oh they must be fat white males who live with there mothers or some crap like that.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Jimbo1337 said:
contestgamer said:

I simply cannot believe there are people like you who think this way.  I am at a loss for words.

i dont know from where is this guy, but damn i cant believe what he is saying, this must be a joke, it's impossible some guy thinks this on this day an age isn't it?

34 years playing games.

generic-user-1 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
JWeinCom said:

Never miss an opportunity to play that christian persecution card...

I feel like we'd probably agree on this issue, but I have no idea what "people say oh religious people are intolerant" has anything to do with it.  

I'm commenting on how generalizations, like power levels, are bullshit.

Intolerance, racism, xenophobia, and all those other shitty aspects of human nature, the ones keeping us from progressing further, can't be generalized to a culture/religion/ethnic group. It's simply fairly distributed among the planet.

I also say I'm Christian not to use the victim(persecution) card, I'm black so that one is far more effective, its rather a direct response to some of the claims in this thread that the religious and specifically the muslims can't live in a democratic society. My Grandmother and basically half of the Nigerian Community I know in Houston is Muslims and the other half is Christian. So its pretty insulting to me. God forbid this forum have some diversity

so the saudi arabic muslimic culture is on the same level than hm lets say the swiss culture?

so the islamic constitution from iran is on the same level than the humanistic constitution of the us?

culture and religion arent the same as race, you choose your culture and religion, but not the colour of your skin.

Ok, first of all, the "Islamic Constitution" is as real as fucking Santa Claus, i.e there is no such thing, its not a god damned state/country.

Second of all cultures are not on "levels", that idea doesn't even make sense. All cultures are equal in their right to exist, and everyone is free to their opinions, but Cultures can be compared but not qualified, i.e one better than the other.

If you want to talk about countries however, realize that both Saudi Arabia and Switzerland are US allies.

last of all, ethinicity does not equal race, and intolerance is an attack on what a person is (where they are from, what they are, and who they choose to be), it is irrelevant if you can "Choose" culture and religion and not race. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

A lot of conservative Christians if you really ask them in a poll will also say a bunch of crazy sh*t. When push comes to shove they can say "well I guess if I say I believe the Bible, I have to believe most everything in there". Polls can be tailored to steer certain results in that sense.

The fact is though there are almost 5 million Muslims in Canada + USA already. If so many of them are terrorists, they why isn't there a terror attack on a weekly basis? Monthly basis? Not even close you say? Ditto for the UK and Germany that both have about 4 million Muslims each.

If even 5% of them were hardcore fanatics, you should be seeing a terror attack every week at least. So why isn't that the case?

Could it be that 99% of them really don't ultimately give a shit and are just more or less average joes that pay their taxes, run their small corner shops/restaurants/businesses and raise their kids?

You're more likely to get killed by a white kid with a shotgun at a school or movie theater in the US than you are to be attacked by an Islamic terrorist these days. 

thismeintiel said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Too many assholes to respond to at once, this is why I hate Politics Discussion. The ignorance is astounding. The Level of which it is touted and defended like a dung beetle taking pride his pile of crap (no offense to the dung beetles. at least they are tolerable).

Its insane, how people say oh religious people are intolerant, or they are whats wrong with the world, some of whom are the very people saying these racist things as though its common. At least internet trolls, have the decency to remain anonymous, have you no shame?

And here I am, a gun toting Texan christian , sitting here reading this garbage, and I'm just like wow, wow wow wow.

I can barely comprehend the sheer magnitude of the idiocy and insanity... Children shouldn't be allowed in this Subforum.

If you can't have a debate without refering to others with differing opinions as assholes and using the left's strawman race/intolerant card, I suggest you stay out of the debate.

This isn't a debate. That utlizies facts, not opinions. You defend your opinions with facts, not with more opinions. And it's generally the left that attacks religious conservatives, that's what I'm commenting on, intolerance of people like ME.

Teriol said:
Jimbo1337 said:
contestgamer said:

i dont know from where is this guy, but damn i cant believe what he is saying, this must be a joke, it's impossible some guy thinks this on this day an age isn't it?

OK, just get rid of borders and nation states. Clearly you guys don't want them. How about whatever country you're from opens it's borders and takes all the refugees instead? You guys seem in favor of abolishing borders anyway.