By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Sorry State of Microsoft's First Party

Tagged games:

Dark_Feanor said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Thanks for the thread TC
Forum has been boring, this is useful

This is just a warming up for the next 6 weeks of endless debate and few time spent playing games.

I honestly can't tell what is worse, VGChartz or spending 200+ hours on Sims4 in about 2 1/2 weeks.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Vasto said:
This is what happens when you dont have anything to play.

No clue who this is directed at xD But I have too much to play and I hate it. My backlog is ever growing.

They've never brought it for me and I don't think they will in the foreseeable future

I am Iron Man

So wait cause some people don't like halo, gears and forza those studio are suppose to suck and MS too???? Considering halo is the best Sci FI FPS out there if not the best, gears same deal for TPS and forza also on console for SIM racing and horizon for open world racer I can hardly see how they can be called a joke... You don't like it fine... But it's still an excellent first party line up considering it's the best in their respective categories...
There is reason I don't get or like the other platform and a big one is because they don't have those excellent games... And there suppose great 1st party don't produce anything that even remotely tingle my man parts with curiosity or excitement.... QB, see of thieves, scalebound, recore, crackdown interest me way more than PS offering..maybe ninty but they are in their own category IMO

forgot halo wars best RTS on console....

with killer instinct one of the best fighter.... Actually the competition is lucky they don't do platformers and action,RPG they'd be dominating every genre by a mile

Hmm...needs more Battletoads and Perfect Dark.

Around the Network
sasquatchmontana said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

So I have to ask now that you have said all of that. You said you would take all those sequels over a barren holiday lineup? Why? What is so important about the last 3 months of the year that you would take games then over having them through out the year?

You're asking the wrong guy, guy. You want to speak to the ones bigging up Bloodborne and the Order as evidently it was supposedly more important to have those games in Q1 and a barren Q3 & 4 then say, have a barren Q1 & Q2, but many games in Q3 & 4.

It personally doesn't matter to me, but it must be said. We can't have them having double standards now the positions have switched.

Sony had GOW III Remastered, Until Dwan and Tearaway: Unfolded in Q3, so not a barren Q3 lineup.

iceland said:
ps3-sales! said:

Hey I'll insert my opinion about the OP some time in the future but I was caught off guard by your profile picture. 

HOW AMAZING IS THE NEW CHVRCHES ALBUM

Amazing enough for me to actually buy it instead of torrenting it

Srsly good stuff.

OT: I'll look forward to your opinion 

Okay finally got around to reading it. 

I completely agree. Although I don't have an xbone, I loved my 360 and OG Xbox so I feel like I can provide an unbiased opinion here. 

Basically, the 1st party of Microsoft consists of mediocre small indie developers, and Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable makers. 

I am a huge long time fan of halo. Until 4. Halo 3 is one of the best games of all time, 1 and 2 were amazing. Reach was also amazing and underrated for the story. 

Halo 4 was stupid. (my opinion 😛)  gameplay felt weird and clunky and the story was meh. 

Kind of hyped for 5 but I prefer Bungies Halo direction over 343. 

Also enjoy gears. The first 2 were great. Didn't really play the 3rd and I heard judgement sucked. Interested with gears 4 tho it looks different and promising. 

I can't stand Forza/GT/all sim racers. They are garbage (opinions are nice) and I think should stop being made. Very boring. 

Lionhead is a bad developer that never lived up to their potential. Their best game to date is fable 2 all the way from 2008. Empty promises and stupid on rails games made me completely lose interest in them. Shame. 

But yeah. I agree. 5/10 seems fair. Personally, no 1st party game for the Xbone up to today has even got me contemplating buying an Xbone. 

Like you said though to be fair no 1st party game on the ps4 has been amazing either. Although I did love Infamous and bloodborn. 

Yeahh. CHVRCHESSSSS

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

sasquatchmontana said:

Worried?

So is this graphic meant to be impressive?

It features multiple critical failures, Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Kinect Sports Rivals & Zoo Tycoon.

It involves lots if indie games, which is fine in and of itself, but seeing as you are comparing it to PS4, pales against the amount of exclusive indies Sony's machine has.

It has Killer Instinct three times. I know it has new seasons each year, but it would be like listing PS4 exlcusives and putting every MLB game seperately.

And on top of that, most of the highly rated games are second and third party, like Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2.

Next year is similar. I am excited about the X1 lineup next year actually, but games like ReCore, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, Quantum Break and Forza Horizon 3 aren't made by first party.

This graphic highlights the problem really.

celador said:
sasquatchmontana said:

Worried?

So is this graphic meant to be impressive?

It features multiple critical failures, Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Kinect Sports Rivals & Zoo Tycoon.

It involves lots if indie games, which is fine in and of itself, but seeing as you are comparing it to PS4, pales against the amount of exclusive indies Sony's machine has.

It has Killer Instinct three times. I know it has new seasons each year, but it would be like listing PS4 exlcusives and putting every MLB game seperately.

And on top of that, most of the highly rated games are second and third party, like Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2.

Next year is similar. I am excited about the X1 lineup next year actually, but games like ReCore, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, Quantum Break and Forza Horizon 3 aren't made by first party.

This graphic highlights the problem really.

This is hilarious, now I know why I didn't even bother to look up the graphic.

endimion said:

So wait cause some people don't like halo, gears and forza those studio are suppose to suck and MS too???? Considering halo is the best Sci FI FPS out there if not the best, gears same deal for TPS and forza also on console for SIM racing and horizon for open world racer I can hardly see how they can be called a joke... You don't like it fine... But it's still an excellent first party line up considering it's the best in their respective categories...
There is reason I don't get or like the other platform and a big one is because they don't have those excellent games... And there suppose great 1st party don't produce anything that even remotely tingle my man parts with curiosity or excitement.... QB, see of thieves, scalebound, recore, crackdown interest me way more than PS offering..maybe ninty but they are in their own category IMO

forgot halo wars best RTS on console....

with killer instinct one of the best fighter.... Actually the competition is lucky they don't do platformers and action,RPG they'd be dominating every genre by a mile

Pretty much it seems. You can make an equally negative rundown for either of the other companies quite easily.