By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Sorry State of Microsoft's First Party

Tagged games:

LudicrousSpeed said:
endimion said:

So wait cause some people don't like halo, gears and forza those studio are suppose to suck and MS too???? Considering halo is the best Sci FI FPS out there if not the best, gears same deal for TPS and forza also on console for SIM racing and horizon for open world racer I can hardly see how they can be called a joke... You don't like it fine... But it's still an excellent first party line up considering it's the best in their respective categories...
There is reason I don't get or like the other platform and a big one is because they don't have those excellent games... And there suppose great 1st party don't produce anything that even remotely tingle my man parts with curiosity or excitement.... QB, see of thieves, scalebound, recore, crackdown interest me way more than PS offering..maybe ninty but they are in their own category IMO

forgot halo wars best RTS on console....

with killer instinct one of the best fighter.... Actually the competition is lucky they don't do platformers and action,RPG they'd be dominating every genre by a mile

Pretty much it seems. You can make an equally negative rundown for either of the other companies quite easily.

Then why not make one for sony and nintendo? Instead of this complaining about how everyone is shit posting about microsoft first party studios what doesn't make any sense (the op himself said that sony and nintendo isn't that far ahead for example). If it bothers both of you that much nobody is stopping you to create a thread about sony or nintendo. This thread is about microsoft first party studios and people talk about microsoft first party studios.
Most people here post more than "So wait cause some people don't like halo, gears and forza those studio are suppose to suck and MS too????" please this is absolutely nonsense.

Around the Network
sasquatchmontana said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

There goes that "blanket" statement...again lol. So if you are saying that then you MUST have also said that MS had nothing for the first 9 months as well right?

Actually, i'm pretty sure that was said for the first 9 months, i mean if Ori, State of Decay, Screamride don't count and considered a bare lineup...... if that's the way you want to play it, that's fine, but don't complain because the PS4 is in the same situation during the holidays with a half done collection and a late MOVE game. We all saw this coming.

I think other dude was right, as long as MS keep up funding games like Scalebound, Crackdown, Sunset, Ryse, Quantum Break, RE-Core, Phantom Dust, MS can, should and BE DEMANDED to keep that Minecraft/Gears/Forza/Halo cashcow running (and explore other genres like Horizon and Halo Wars and Holobuilder)

The middling guys like Rare and Lionhead can experiment until they find their cashcows, at which point they can be expoited on a bi-yearly (and later yearly basis when they move the spin-offs to external studios)

Then you can complain that "It's just another Halo/Forza/LionheadIP/RAREIP/Gears/Crackdown/Quantumbreak" holiday instead of the barren wasteland of PS4. That's so much better MI rite?

Worried?

Only about the amount of FIRST PARTY MS PUBLISHED GAMES I'LL NEED TO BUY OVER THE NEXT 18 MONTHS

Infact, forget anymore new ip. I'd take sequels of all of the above until 2021....anything over a barren holiday lineup.

PS4 in 2016 alone can match all those years..

Halo is arguably one of the most influential FPS ever, Gears of War literally defines the 3rd person shooter genre as far as mechanics go, no gears, no uncharted. Forza is consistently the highest rated racing game out there. This is all just essentially hate. They are going to milk these franchises till they become irrelevant, which isn't anytime soon. You can go look at Halo 5s pre orders, last time I checked its 3rd next to Black Ops 3. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Xbox seems to be more keen on the 1st party exclusives now, as opposed to Sony shoving those 3rd party DLC exclusives and such. All I know is what truly matters are the GAMES. Scalebound, Quantum Break, Rares upcoming game, re core, and the oh so gorgeous Cup Head, new IP 1st party exclusives from the top of my head. Tbh I couldn't name that much from Sony. The last guardian, guerrillas next game, and... Yea that's all I got. Gotta give Sony credit, they really love this 3rd party advantage. Point is, Xbox is really shaping up to have an impressive line up come 2016 as far as new IPs go.

I think Microsoft's 1st party lineup so far this gen is better than sony 's has been, but its early so far.
kill zone shadowfall - 5/10
knack - 4.5/10
infamous second son - 9/10
the order 1886 - 8/10
mlb the show - 5.5/10
bloodbourne - 8/10
god of war 3 remasterd - 7/5/10

halo master chief collection - 9/10 ( the sheer amount of content is amazing and all future collections should be compared to this for the standard ) ( I never had a issue with the online, I know others did )
gears of war ultimate edition - 9/10
rare replay - 8.2/10
forza 5 - 7.5/10
forza 6 - 9.3/10
forza horizon 2 - 8.6/10

I know I might have missed a game for each, but I stated the retail aa or aaa games. I didn't mention any indie games , because I know they can be close to a high level game with the right budget and direction. But I like the big scope games more and indie games are just that indie...

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

endimion said:

So wait cause some people don't like halo, gears and forza those studio are suppose to suck and MS too???? Considering halo is the best Sci FI FPS out there if not the best, gears same deal for TPS and forza also on console for SIM racing and horizon for open world racer I can hardly see how they can be called a joke... You don't like it fine... But it's still an excellent first party line up considering it's the best in their respective categories...
There is reason I don't get or like the other platform and a big one is because they don't have those excellent games... And there suppose great 1st party don't produce anything that even remotely tingle my man parts with curiosity or excitement.... QB, see of thieves, scalebound, recore, crackdown interest me way more than PS offering..maybe ninty but they are in their own category IMO

with killer instinct one of the best fighter.... Actually the competition is lucky they don't do platformers and action,RPG they'd be dominating every genre by a mile

Action/ adventure, hack & slash, fighting, RPG's, sports, platforming all go handily to Sony, its not like MS hasn't made an attempt/ funded any of these genres. Halo 5 has a "Sci - Fi FPS" setting lmao its an FPS at the end of the day. It's like saying inFamous Second Son is the best superhero open world game & BloodBorne is the best Victorian era RPG & giving the nod to Sony for besting MS in those "categories." Simply a stretch. 

Around the Network
FaptinPlanet said:
Halo is arguably one of the most influential FPS ever, Gears of War literally defines the 3rd person shooter genre as far as mechanics go, no gears, no uncharted. Forza is consistently the highest rated racing game out there. This is all just essentially hate. They are going to milk these franchises till they become irrelevant, which isn't anytime soon. You can go look at Halo 5s pre orders, last time I checked its 3rd next to Black Ops 3. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Xbox seems to be more keen on the 1st party exclusives now, as opposed to Sony shoving those 3rd party DLC exclusives and such. All I know is what truly matters are the GAMES. Scalebound, Quantum Break, Rares upcoming game, re core, and the oh so gorgeous Cup Head, new IP 1st party exclusives from the top of my head. Tbh I couldn't name that much from Sony. The last guardian, guerrillas next game, and... Yea that's all I got. Gotta give Sony credit, they really love this 3rd party advantage. Point is, Xbox is really shaping up to have an impressive line up come 2016 as far as new IPs go.

C'mon son at least get the facts straight. Scalebound, ReCore & Quantum Break aren't first party. Anyways we got two more Sony conferences this year, hold on to yo boots, the list war threads will not stop lol.

Sprash said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
endimion said:

Pretty much it seems. You can make an equally negative rundown for either of the other companies quite easily.

Then why not make one for sony and nintendo? Instead of this complaining about how everyone is shit posting about microsoft first party studios what doesn't make any sense (the op himself said that sony and nintendo isn't that far ahead for example). If it bothers both of you that much nobody is stopping you to create a thread about sony or nintendo. This thread is about microsoft first party studios and people talk about microsoft first party studios.
Most people here post more than "So wait cause some people don't like halo, gears and forza those studio are suppose to suck and MS too????" please this is absolutely nonsense.

Where did I say it bothers me? It's just a thread on a message board, friend. Go have a Coke and a smile.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Bryank75 said:
What I realised long ago was that Microsoft do not want studios, the donn't actually want 1st parties at all. They want to attract people to their console and then try to keep them there paying subs and getting royalties.

That is why the core titles for xbox are only Halo, Gears and Forza. The rest are disposable for them and would not be made if they didn't need to. Microsoft were always very cynical in terms of business ethics.
They have very little stake in game development and are not here "for the gamers", they are here for the money. Nothing more.

I dont want to offend anyone, this is simply my honest opinion on them as a past customer (gen 7).

Microsoft is a business. Yes, they are in it for the money. Just like Sony and Nintendo. It's hilarious how quickly people forget what Sony tried with the PS3, lol.

The funniest part about the post is the part about subs and core games, as if the other two companies don't do the same thing.

Are you really trying to convince people that Nintendo and MS go about the video games business in the same way?  You can't seriously beleive that.

Just in case for some bonkers reason that is what you really think.  I'll go back to my old saying:

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

only777 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Bryank75 said:
What I realised long ago was that Microsoft do not want studios, the donn't actually want 1st parties at all. They want to attract people to their console and then try to keep them there paying subs and getting royalties.

That is why the core titles for xbox are only Halo, Gears and Forza. The rest are disposable for them and would not be made if they didn't need to. Microsoft were always very cynical in terms of business ethics.
They have very little stake in game development and are not here "for the gamers", they are here for the money. Nothing more.

I dont want to offend anyone, this is simply my honest opinion on them as a past customer (gen 7).

Microsoft is a business. Yes, they are in it for the money. Just like Sony and Nintendo. It's hilarious how quickly people forget what Sony tried with the PS3, lol.

The funniest part about the post is the part about subs and core games, as if the other two companies don't do the same thing.

Are you really trying to convince people that Nintendo and MS go about the video games business in the same way?  You can't seriously beleive that.

Just in case for some bonkers reason that is what you really think.  I'll go back to my old saying:

I am saying someone who isn't into Nintendo games could just as easily make a list as negative towards their studios.

Same with Sony. I don't care for Infamous or baseball. Thanks for Driveclub in the first two years I guess?

Last part of your post is hilarious. All three companies want to make money. That is the bottom line for them.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Sprash said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
endimion said:

Where did I say it bothers me? It's just a thread on a message board, friend. Go have a Coke and a smile.

Well you agreed to a comment who screams with every word something like "hey don't talk bad about microsoft äh öh look sony and nintendo are also bad let's talk about them in a thread about microsoft" seems like it bothers you a bit in my opinion.

Bolded: Yeah you are right nothing better than coke after a run and shower.