By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Sorry State of Microsoft's First Party

Tagged games:

the-pi-guy said:
eva01beserk said:

Thouse are good explanations of why xbox library is still so barren. But it still dosent change that xbox library is barren. Wich just reafirmes my point. Buying a studio means nothing for the inmediate time for the xbox. Acording to your own time frames we still have nothing to look foward to for a while. So again why the hype? 6 years since this thread and maybe, just maybe there are rumors one of them launching something in one more year? I still don't understand the hype. 

The state of the Xbox library and the state of Microsoft's first party are two different conversations. There is a relation, but those two things don't necessarily have to be pointing in the same direction, between third party deals and first party developing games on PC like the Age of Empires group. It also takes time for games to get out the door.

It's likely that we will see Starfield and possibly a few other Zenimax games.  Halo will also be coming.    

But on the whole, it probably won't be until 2022 before we start to see massive changes.

You actually said what I was going to. Criticizing the lack of exclusives in the first year is valid, I just don't understand how people think that issue will remain. But the reason I made this thread was to point how bad MS's first party studios were, and it's pretty crazy how they added so much recently. Things actually got worse, at one point it was literally just 343i, Rare, Mojang, T10, and Coalition. Now they have over 20, so... The output will come with it lol

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
eva01beserk said:

Thouse are good explanations of why xbox library is still so barren. But it still dosent change that xbox library is barren. Wich just reafirmes my point. Buying a studio means nothing for the inmediate time for the xbox. Acording to your own time frames we still have nothing to look foward to for a while. So again why the hype? 6 years since this thread and maybe, just maybe there are rumors one of them launching something in one more year? I still don't understand the hype. 

The state of the Xbox library and the state of Microsoft's first party are two different conversations. There is a relation, but those two things don't necessarily have to be pointing in the same direction, between third party deals and first party developing games on PC like the Age of Empires group. It also takes time for games to get out the door.

It's likely that we will see Starfield and possibly a few other Zenimax games.  Halo will also be coming.    

But on the whole, it probably won't be until 2022 before we start to see massive changes.

I guess thats a good point. Still dosent make me look at xbox future anymore hopefully. I got to have something concrete before I get hyped for anything. And I do realize that I'm judging based on their past while they are today totally diferent than they where in 2013. But I need more than rumors and speculation and cgi to day if diferent for the better.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
drkohler said:

I predict this post will go down really well with the "PhilisGod" crowd.....

I know but that really is not my intention to ryle up xbox fans. I just want to make clear that I really believe that theres needs to be something concrete to put all this hype behind. Like I said 6 years ago, plus 15 studios and we are still atbthe waiting game. I need something. 

What is up with the bad grammar if you trying to make a point at least write something that is comprehensible.

Chris Hu said:
eva01beserk said:

I know but that really is not my intention to ryle up xbox fans. I just want to make clear that I really believe that theres needs to be something concrete to put all this hype behind. Like I said 6 years ago, plus 15 studios and we are still atbthe waiting game. I need something. 

What is up with the bad grammar if you trying to make a point at least write something that is comprehensible.

Oh no. You got me. My arguments are worthles now and Xbox is number one. I shall now jump on the hype train. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Chris Hu said:

Oh no. You got me. My arguments are worthles now and Xbox is number one. I shall now jump on the hype train. 

THAT'S RIGHT!!

ALL HEIL LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD, PHIL SPENCER.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
eva01beserk said:

THAT'S RIGHT!!

ALL HEIL LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD, PHIL SPENCER.

NEVER!!!!!  im from the fallen order of the Jason Ronald sect. Praise the beard. 

Sony and MS are spending boatloads on studios but the one with the best first-party only bought one small studio early this year. Nintendo. Not all their IPs appeal to me but they still continue to be masters of their craft and nearly all from internal studios. I find a lot of design issues with Sony and MS's outings. Not saying bad just not as good as the budget they pour into them.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Sony and MS are spending boatloads on studios but the one with the best first-party only bought one small studio early this year. Nintendo. Not all their IPs appeal to me but they still continue to be masters of their craft and nearly all from internal studios. I find a lot of design issues with Sony and MS's outings. Not saying bad just not as good as the budget they pour into them.

There is a lot of crossover between XB/PS gamers and Nintendo gamers.  But, the people playing them are really the only similarity between most of the Ninty lineup and that of the 4K Twins.  Nintendo does not even attempt to be technologically cutting-edge.  They don't even have a real home console anymore. They essentially do not make shooters or traditional sports games at all, which leaves them out of two of the most popular categories.  The list goes on and on.  

I've owned every Ninty system (almost every major system from anybody since the Atari 2600), and I very much enjoy some of Nintendo's games   But, I don't think they can really be compared to XB and PS.  They're just barely in the same business.  In fact, we're even starting to see some divergence between Sony and MS, at least in terms of their distribution models (and those differing models are likely to lead to differences in game design in the long term).  So, while their products are all sold in the same stores, or the same sections of stores, it is increasingly important that we recognize the large and growing differences between these companies.  They're going to be less and less similar as time goes on.  

To bring it back on topic: comparing the budgets spent on software development between Ninty and XB/PS is about as good a comparison as comparing the fuel consumption of a compact car to the world's largest dump truck.  They're not doing the same job, so the comparison is pointless.