By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus October Games

UltimateUnknown said:
I really hate to sound like a douche but man this sucks balls. I remember the good old days of PS+ on PS3+Vita where they'd give out amazing games on a monthly basis. Now it's all just...these. I don't think anyone can argue at this point that PS+ has gone waaaay downhill ever since it became a requirement with PS4.

Well at least I'm looking forward to Super meat boy since I never got to play it on my 360. Other than that nothing interesting.

The reason for that is because back during the PS3 era, they were losing and behind MS for many years. There was actual motivation to release those games. Now they're winning with ease so, from their point of view, why give away games? 

This is why I tell people who cheer for one company to dominate over another to rethink their agendas. It's not good for anyone but said company and it's shareholders.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
DivinePaladin said:
I wouldn't expect it to get any better. The cost of getting big PS+ games on PS4 is a lot higher when that means that over half of the install base now DOESN'T have to buy said game. It was different when we had a few million out of 80 million. It's the same reason Games with Gold sucked for a good while and probably still sucks; it's not worth it to give us big games for free every month unless they're already way past their shelf life when we're expected to have PS+

Games with gold has Tom Raider:definitive edition for XBone and Crysis 3 for 360 this month, among others. So that's a lot better actually.

Oh, that's actually not too bad. Given the Tomb Raider exclusivity, the former makes sense though. The latter is bargain bin through and through, as fun as a game as it is. Wasn't Crysis 2 PS+ at one point, for example? Even if the exclusivity isn't the reason for Tomb Raider, the losing party always has the best opportunity with these sorts of programs. Having half the install base legitimately helps a ton when it comes to free game promotions, especially when premium access is mandatory on both consoles now. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I really liked SMB on the 360 so I'm happy to get to play it all the way through this time. I'm also really interested in Broken Age. Good month for me.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

for me i just wait for the indie/psn type games to come around eventually like broken age,don't bother buying any of them while i pay for plus

i think they should have made it every 3 months for the PS4 at the start of the gen,so they can offer a decent enough game in the future,4 time a year with the spatter of tiny titles

Above & Beyond

AnthonyW86 said:
DivinePaladin said:
I wouldn't expect it to get any better. The cost of getting big PS+ games on PS4 is a lot higher when that means that over half of the install base now DOESN'T have to buy said game. It was different when we had a few million out of 80 million. It's the same reason Games with Gold sucked for a good while and probably still sucks; it's not worth it to give us big games for free every month unless they're already way past their shelf life when we're expected to have PS+

Games with gold has Tom Raider:definitive edition for XBone and Crysis 3 for 360 this month, among others. So that's a lot better actually.

Interesting...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/30/ps-plus-preview-augusts-free-game-lineup/

Yup, that was a year ago.

As for Tomb Raider (ps3, i.e. not definitive edition)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/playstation-plus-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-tomb-raider-free-for-members-2/

Around the Network

I guess I'll only download Super Meat Boy. PS Plus manages to get worse every month, I don't know what's next, they are already only giving old indie titles or indie titles that frew people care. If at least they were giving good and new indies like they used to give...

I remember people saying the line ups would be better once the PS4 completed 1 year on the market, but the thing is almost 2 years old and the line ups only get weaker. There's no excuse, they just became too confortable with their absolute leadership.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

naruball said:
AnthonyW86 said:
DivinePaladin said:

Interesting...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/30/ps-plus-preview-augusts-free-game-lineup/

Yup, that was a year ago.

As for Tomb Raider (ps3, i.e. not definitive edition)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/playstation-plus-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-tomb-raider-free-for-members-2/

Yes i know these have come by on PS Plus but i did notice there are more current gen retail games on games with gold than there are on PS Plus. As you already stated, Tomb Raider is the definitive edition on XBone, in August it hade MGS: Ground Zeroes and in July it hade AC:Black Flag. I'm not completely sure but i think Ground Zeroes is the only retail PS4 game to have come by on PS Plus so far.

AnthonyW86 said:

Yes i know these have come by on PS Plus but i did notice there are more current gen retail games on games with gold than there are on PS Plus. As you already stated, Tomb Raider is the definitive edition on XBone, in August it hade MGS: Ground Zeroes and in July it hade AC:Black Flag. I'm not completely sure but i think Ground Zeroes is the only retail PS4 game to have come by on PS Plus so far.

There was also Injustice: Gods amongs us (ps4) and Infamous: First Light, which also had a physical release.

All I'm saying is, if you get Tomb Raider (ps3) for free, you most likely won't want the same game again. They did it with Guacamelee and people were pretty upset.

I am starting to see a pattern.

LipeJJ said:
I guess I'll only download Super Meat Boy. PS Plus manages to get worse every month, I don't know what's next, they are already only giving old indie titles or indie titles that frew people care. If at least they were giving good and new indies like they used to give...

I remember people saying the line ups would be better once the PS4 completed 1 year on the market, but the thing is almost 2 years old and the line ups only get weaker. There's no excuse, they just became too confortable with their absolute leadership.

We got Rocket League like two months ago...We got MGS: GZ in June, we got GOW:A in August, we got Theif in February, and we got Infamous: First Light, Prototype 2 in January.

The selective memory around PS+ is astounding.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.