By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus October Games

Cool, two games I'm very much interested in. I'm so glad now I've decided to buy Grim Fandango instead of Broken Age :) Now I'll have both :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

seen the list included SMB for the vita (along with 3 others) so I'm happy with that for the €4 monthly fee. not sure I can really understand are people actually expecting miracles with what the sub fee is. perhaps they should start a psn+++ for 500 a year for people who want new retail titlesx6 I mean then Sony would have a massive 40 per month to spread over 6titles...

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

naruball said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Yes i know these have come by on PS Plus but i did notice there are more current gen retail games on games with gold than there are on PS Plus. As you already stated, Tomb Raider is the definitive edition on XBone, in August it hade MGS: Ground Zeroes and in July it hade AC:Black Flag. I'm not completely sure but i think Ground Zeroes is the only retail PS4 game to have come by on PS Plus so far.

There was also Injustice: Gods amongs us (ps4) and Infamous: First Light, which also had a physical release.

All I'm saying is, if you get Tomb Raider (ps3) for free, you most likely won't want the same game again. They did it with Guacamelee and people were pretty upset.

Just sticking my head in here to say I got Tomb Raider for 360 about a year ago as well.  Willing to bet it comes to PS4 soon, too.

I'd be interested in SMB, but I already have it on Xbone.

Incredibly weak month for PS+ this time imho.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I'd be interested in SMB, but I already have it on Xbone.

Incredibly weak month for PS+ this time imho.

Yeah, backwards compatibility working wonders since they don't sell it on Xbox One.

Also, Tomb Raider was given on 360 in March and I saw no one complaining about also getting the Definitive Edition on Xbox One.  

Around the Network

You want AAA titles, don't bank on a $50/year service to get em.

Normchacho said:
LipeJJ said:
I guess I'll only download Super Meat Boy. PS Plus manages to get worse every month, I don't know what's next, they are already only giving old indie titles or indie titles that frew people care. If at least they were giving good and new indies like they used to give...

I remember people saying the line ups would be better once the PS4 completed 1 year on the market, but the thing is almost 2 years old and the line ups only get weaker. There's no excuse, they just became too confortable with their absolute leadership.

We got Rocket League like two months ago...We got MGS: GZ in June, we got GOW:A in August, we got Theif in February, and we got Infamous: First Light, Prototype 2 in January.

The selective memory around PS+ is astounding.

First of all... I'm talking about PS4 only. Second, you listed 3 games for the entire year (so far) on the PS4. Nothing amazing, not much of an improvement if you ask me. Sorry.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Worst month for me so far. I have every game this time.

LipeJJ said:
Normchacho said:

We got Rocket League like two months ago...We got MGS: GZ in June, we got GOW:A in August, we got Theif in February, and we got Infamous: First Light, Prototype 2 in January.

The selective memory around PS+ is astounding.

First of all... I'm talking about PS4 only. Second, you listed 3 games for the entire year (so far) on the PS4. Nothing amazing, not much of an improvement if you ask me. Sorry.

But the full retail games that we can expect and that people are asking for at this stage aren't amazing either. In fact, it could pretty easily be argued that they are worse overall. What AAA games would we be getting? Knack? Shadow Fall? Just because a game was more expensive at launch doesn't make it more worthwhile for PS+. 

Games like Transistor, Rocket League, Sound Shapes, Limbo, OlliOlli2, have all been free on the PS4 through PS+ and are all really good games. This notion that a mediocre AAA game is better to have on PS+ than a really good indie game is baffiling to me.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
LipeJJ said:

But the full retail games that we can expect and that people are asking for at this stage aren't amazing either. In fact, it could pretty easily be argued that they are worse overall. What AAA games would we be getting? Knack? Shadow Fall? Just because a game was more expensive at launch doesn't make it more worthwhile for PS+. 

Games like Transistor, Rocket League, Sound Shapes, Limbo, OlliOlli2, have all been free on the PS4 through PS+ and are all really good games. This notion that a mediocre AAA game is better to have on PS+ than a really good indie game is baffiling to me.

I'm not talking about AAA titles only, if you remember my original post, I said I was satisfacted with good and new indie games. Like Rocket League, which you listed, for example. Transistor and OlliOlli2 were other good examples, etc. I expect mainly these kind of indies on PS Plus...if they are going to give us only indies, at least give us very good indies and new ones preferably.

But talking about AAA games, maybe they could, you know, give people every 2 or 3 months an old, but decent, game that doesn't sell enough anymore like Black Flag, or Wolfenstein, a sports game, I don't know... there are many options.

I think you got wrong what I said.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won